- April 20: Wrongful Death Lawsuit Filed After Toyota Yaris Crash news | 15 days ago
- April 13: Toyota Recalls 2016 Avalon and Camry For Airbag Failures recalls | 22 days ago
- April 6: Toyota Recalls Nearly 17,000 Vehicles in Two Recalls recalls | 29 days ago
- March 29: Paying More For a Car Doesn't Mean Having Good Headlights news | 37 days ago
- March 3: Adding Car Options and Employee Overtime Cause Recalls news | 63 days ago
1999 Toyota Corolla
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: There must have been something in the water at the plant where they built the eighth generation Corollas, especially the 1998 and 1999 model years.
Outside of a few engine related issues for the 1999, these are about as dependable a car as you’ll find. And remember most of these cars have 200k miles on them by now. But good luck finding one; owners say they want a new car, but can’t justify trading in their Corolla because the darn thing just keeps rolling.
Worst 1999 Corolla Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems7NHTSA complaints: 24
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 7
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 5
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- interior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 7
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- transmission problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 30
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 21
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 16
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 9
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 9
- steering problemsNHTSA: 9
- lights problemsNHTSA: 8
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 6
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 4
- AC / heater problemsNHTSA: 1
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Corolla Model Years
Curious how the 1999 Corolla compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Corolla overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Corolla.