- November 26: Toyota Sienna Recalled To Fix Overhead Assist Grips
- November 23: Toyota Dashboard Melting? Lawsuit Says It Can Happen
- November 12: Toyota Recalls 360,000 Cars, Including 170,000 Toyota Camrys
- November 4: Toyota Recalls Avalon and Camry Cars That Could Lose Steering Control
- October 20: Toyota Recalls 247,000 Vehicles To Replace Dangerous Air Bag Inflators
1999 Toyota Corolla
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: There must have been something in the water at the plant where they built the eighth generation Corollas, especially the 1998 and 1999 model years.
Outside of a few engine related issues for the 1999, these are about as dependable a car as you’ll find. And remember most of these cars have 200k miles on them by now. But good luck finding one; owners say they want a new car, but can’t justify trading in their Corolla because the darn thing just keeps rolling.
Worst 1999 Corolla Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems5NHTSA complaints: 24
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 7
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 5
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- interior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 7
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 30
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 21
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 15
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 9
- steering problemsNHTSA: 9
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 9
- lights problemsNHTSA: 8
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 5
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 4
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 2
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 1
- AC / heater problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Corolla Model Years
Curious how the 1999 Corolla compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Corolla overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Corolla.