- July 19: Toyota Corolla Electric Power Steering Lawsuit Agreed Upon
- July 15: Toyota Recalls 625,000 Prius v Hybrids That Can Stall
- July 13: NHTSA Asked to Investigate Toyota Low-Speed Acceleration Events
- June 22: Toyota Won't Get New Koua Fong Lee Camry Trial
- May 16: Toyota Sienna Recalled By Two Independent Toyota Distributors
1999 Toyota Corolla
CarComplaints.com Notes: There must have been something in the water at the plant where they built the eighth generation Corollas, especially the 1998 and 1999 model years.
Outside of a few engine related issues for the 1999, these are about as dependable a car as you’ll find. And remember most of these cars have 200k miles on them by now. But good luck finding one; owners say they want a new car, but can’t justify trading in their Corolla because the darn thing just keeps rolling.
Worst 1999 Corolla electrical Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Corolla Model Years
Curious how the 1999 Corolla compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Corolla overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Corolla.