- February 20: Toyota Recalls Sequoia and Tundra For Seat and Stability Problems recalls | 2 days ago
- February 15: Toyota Recalls Camrys Due to Fuel Leaks and Possible Fires recalls | 7 days ago
- February 14: Toyota 'Tire Savings Event' Lawsuit Dismissed news | 8 days ago
- February 5: Toyota Prius IPM Recall Was Useless, Says Plaintiff in Lawsuit news | 17 days ago
- January 31: Toyota Recalls 645,000 Vehicles For Airbag Failures recalls | 22 days ago
1998 Toyota Corolla
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: There must have been something in the water at the plant where they built the eighth generation Corollas, especially the 1998 and 1999 model years.
Outside of airbag problems being reported to NHTSA, this is about as dependable a car as you’ll find. But good luck finding one; owners say they want a new car, but can’t justify trading in their Corolla because the darn thing just keeps rolling.
Worst 1998 Corolla Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems12NHTSA complaints: 30
- exterior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 8
- interior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 9
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 13
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 19
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 13
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 84
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 24
- steering problemsNHTSA: 18
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 16
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 13
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 7
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 7
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 6
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 3
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 1
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Corolla Model Years
Curious how the 1998 Corolla compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Corolla overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Corolla.