2001 Toyota Corolla electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Toyota Corolla:

2001 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Aug 242011

First of all my lights turn on and off by themselves, not a big deal, sort of inconvenient. I went to start my car and noticed that my hazard lights were on, strange. When I opened the door, instead of beeping at me, there was just one, long tone, even stranger. Then I noticed that it said my high-beams were on. Huh. So I start my car with no problem and drive to my destination. I even make it home with no problem. I get out and see that my hazard lights are now off. Okay, so the car was just being wonky, whatever. I go to start it the next day and again notice that my hazard lights are back on, constant tone, and high-beam indicator is back on. Turn the key and nothing. Not even a click. My battery is completely dead. I try to jump it to no avail. Maybe I need a whole new electrical system? No idea because it's going to cost a few hundred dollars just to tow it to the shop so they can tell me it's going to cost a few more hundred dollars. Thanks, Toyota.

- , Meriden, CT, USA