6.0

2001 Toyota Corolla electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Toyota Corolla:

2001 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Sep 192009

Corolla LE

I have a 2001 Toyota Corolla with 103,000 miles on it. During the last week, the door locks have been intermittent. Once it helped to press the child safety button, even though that shouldn't have affected the driver's side lock. Today that didn't work, so I unlocked it manually so I could get out, and then used the passenger side lock button to lock the car. Go figure.

My car doesn't have a security system. I haven't taken it in yet. I am wondering where the wires are, if other nearby wires or connections will fail.

- , San Rafael, CA, USA

Nov 012008

Corolla CE

Hi-

I own a 2001 Toyota Corolla CE & one day months ago the ALL the windows switches & the the driver's side door switches ( window switches, unlock/ lock switches) stopped working??

I have tried replacing the fuses but, that doesn't fix the problem. The Toyota dealer ship thinks it is the non working alarm that is interfering with the switches.

Frankly, its a real pain in the ass & I sick of dealing with it....If you have any resolutions or advice please let know.

Thanks for your help!! ;)

- , Kirkland, WA, USA