$4,450.00

1. new engine (3 reports)
2001 Toyota Corolla engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Toyota Corolla:

2001 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Oct 012014

Corolla LX 1.8L

I own several Toyota's (3), on the Corolla we had the oil changed every 3K. This engine was defective in a 600 mi trip, it consumed all the oil and blew.

This car only had 30000 miles,

I heard this is a known issue.

Toyota should step up and reimburse payment,

I had a Jasper rebuild put in it,

Quality first means standing up and fixing defects.

- , Bartlett, IL, USA

Jun 062012

Corolla

Toyota has such good rating so we bought it almost new but consistent electrical problems and engine quit, we had to put new engine under 120000miles, did regular oil changes and maintenance, it didn't matter.

- , Federal Way, WA, USA

Mar 202012

Corolla Sport 1.8L

I noticed ocassionaly engine would start tapping and I would put oil in even though the light never came on.This time I was on freeway looking for place to buy oil when sound got much worse and engine died.Towed to shop,engine is no good.I thought this car would last until I was to old to drive,being a toyota.I am 69,still working and driving and cannot afford another car.

- , Sacramento, CA, USA