2002 Toyota Corolla windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Toyota Corolla:

2002 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Mar 122010

Sometime within the first 2 years of owning my 2002 Corolla, the drivers side window started to stop working. It was intermittent. Sometimes I would roll my window down to order takeout and couldn't roll it back up and have to drive in cold then after several tries, it would roll up and be fine until the next time.....maybe 2 months would go by, ,,,so I decided to have the driver side motor replaced under my 6 year, 100,000 miles warranty. It has been fine until this year, now my door handle on the inside has broken, and some how the window has come off the tract and when I roll the window up you can see by the tinting, that it has shifted and now the gap on my window, not at the top but at the side towards the rear, there is a 1/4 inch gap when window rolls up. This happened after my outside door handle became stuck when I opened my door, it stayed lifted up and I couldn't close my drivers side door. I had to physically push down on the outside door handle in order to get my door to shut and my window won't roll up all the way and.....its a pain not to be able to go thru the car wash....I have to hold towels in it in order to not get interior wet. My car only has 80,000 miles on it.....anyone else having that kind of problems....people have tried to get door panel off and you need a special tool....of course you do! I don't have any cash to fix it so I just live with it.....what a pain! the dealership has been sold so, I am sol! sorry they said.....that was under the old dealership and we don't honor their repairs! least I should be thankful my gas pedal doesn't stick!

- Mesa, AZ, USA

May 152008

Corolla 4-cyl

Driver side automatic window stopped working without any prior problem.

- Hagerstown, MD, USA

Jul 102004

Corolla 4-cyl

Intermittent function of passenger side window began in 2004. Total failure of passenger side window function followed. Window is completely inoperative, neither master control or passenger window control will work. Difficult to comprehend when you consider that I rarely have passengers and never use the window in question. I expect much better of Toyota which is why I chose to purchase another Toyota.

- Powder Springs, GA, USA

May 132007

Corolla 4-cyl

The front passenger window motor failed.

- Fairfield, OH, USA