2003 Toyota Corolla accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Toyota Corolla:

2003 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Feb 202005

Corolla 4-cyl

Rear head rests too big and block view in the rear window. I need to remove the rear headrests to drive the car in the summer time when air condition is on. Car seats are not comfortable.

- Saint George, UT, USA

Jun 232002

I just bought this car, and unfortunately can't return it. The rear headrests are huge, blocking about 1/3 of the view out the rear window and making backing up and lane-changing risky. Similar comments are found by others on internet car review sites. Relying exclusively on mirrors should not be required. Can they issue smaller rear headrests" I am very concerned about hitting someone. If I had a big box in my rear view area, blocking a similar space, I probably would get ticketed by the cops for a safety violation. Why is this no different" I also wonder if, because of this visibility problem, I will be able to unload this car on anyone but a Toyota dealer when I sell it. (another problem: The "a" pillar (between windshield and left window) is huge, but I may get used to it, as I suspect my problem is due to having driven an older car for many years. Some left-side traffic (e.g., cyclists, children) that might fall into this "blind spot" and the view when making left turns typically are obscured by the thickness of this area. If I were taller, putting the seat back would help, but unfortunately that puts me too far from the pedals. Thought I'd mention this, in case others have trouble with it.

- Norristown, PA, USA