4.0

2003 Toyota Corolla body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Toyota Corolla:

2003 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Jun 272011

Corolla LE 1.8L

Dealership Tech showed Me something on the Undercarriage of My 2003 Toyota Corolla LE (which was purchased June 29, 2002) on a day in June of 2011. The part that was loose and vibrating against the beginning of the exhaust system looked like a 4-5 inch cuff with a 1" split opening. Inside the Service Center on the counter I was shocked when I actually held it - as it looked and felt like something that was unearthed from 10,000 years ago.

Initially, when in the bay, the lighting wasn't as bright, but I was still shocked that so much of the cars parts were totally 'Lumpy Rusted' and some frame which was painted a light green/blue was definitely badly flaking; although, that was just paint, it just added to the entire mix.

My car's exterior is very very clean as I have it hand polished every year - so to have seen the Under body is such bad shape was definitely a 'Shocker.'

I'm also very concerned now as too how all those Rusted-Out parts will effect the future reliablility of the vehicle? To be honest, I'd wished I hadn't seen it. I do Not have the piece of mind that I used too while driving this vehicle anymore.

Mileage approx. was 39,870 - and that was just 2 months ago. Not Good!

- , Randolph, NJ, USA