1.7

2003 Toyota Corolla brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Toyota Corolla:

2003 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Sep 082014

Corolla 6-cyl

While I was driving on the highway to work, driving at approximately 70-75 mph, I started to brake. Instead of decreasing in speed, my car accelerated and everytime I would push the brake, my car would increase in speed (unintended acceleration). Within the span of about 3 months, this incident has occurred a total of 5-6 times, making it very unsafe to drive.

- Alameda, CA, USA

Oct 102012

Corolla 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2003 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated that while driving 20 mph, the rear brakes malfunctioned as the contact attempted to stop the vehicle. The vehicle was diagnosed but the contact was not told what caused the defect. The vehicle was not remedied. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 80,000. Updated 04/14/14 MA updated 04/18/14

- Daly City , CA, USA