2003 Toyota Corolla suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Toyota Corolla:

2003 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Jul 132013

Corolla 4-cyl

2003 Toyota Corolla. Consumer writes in regards to the rear spring (struts) were rusted and vehicle was in danger of collapsing. A mechanic informed the consumer the struts were not coated, and that was usually done at the factory, when assembled.

- Huntington, NY, USA

Jan 242014

Corolla 4-cyl

I was driving and was in the process of coming to a stop when the airbags deployed and I was knocked out. I was the only one in the vehicle when both airbags deployed and caused extensive damage to the car.. I ran into something which caused and caused more damage on the outside and right tire.. I have never been in any accident before or have I had issues with the car prior to this.

- Miami, FL, USA

Dec 202004

Rotten egg smell and many structural defects in this car.

- Springfield, MO, USA

Aug 152003

I have had numerous unresolved problems with my 2003 Toyota Corolla. The air conditioning/heater fan quits at random. It does start back but obviously has a short. It comes and goes. The dealer has stated each time they are unable to duplicate the problem. It also has suspension problems. Since new the car has made unpleasant claning and rattling noises in the front end. I have had it looked at many times with no resolution. It feels unstable in windy conditions and un even surfaces. I've actually thought I had a flat tire because of the car swaying so badly in the wind and on uneven surfaces. I've owned many small cars before and even an older Corolla so I'm aware of what is normal. It has definite supsension problems. I honestly feel it's dangerous for myself and others due to the suspension. I need help. There are other problems with this car as well. It's a true lemon.

- Tulsa, OK, USA

Apr 052004

Vehicle loses control when being driven above 50 mph. This mainly occurs when being driven over a bridge. Provide further details.

- Newport, RI, USA

Sep 212002

Corolla 4-cyl

(1) rotten-egg smell from day 1 (purchased 9/2002) w/ cooling or heating system function. Dealer told me to switch octane and do not use recirculation - no improvement. (2) in 11/2003, daytime running lights came on in middle of night, drained battery. Dealer said tsb had been released - part ordered & installed to correct problem. (3) in 1/2004, leaking oil from under car, right front passenger's side - dealer said right front strut leaking & "completely blown." Had to be replaced & car required subsequent alignment.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA