2004 Toyota Corolla miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Toyota Corolla:

2004 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Dec 102015

Corolla

I took my car to the dealership king automall in mason, oh for an airbag recall and the dealership had my car up on the lift rusting the entire exhaust system off of my car along with a few others vehicles. When I asked the dealership why was they under my car the dealership replied that it was someone's else car. I explained to the dealer that it was my car because it had my license plate. The same day my entire exhaust system broke apart due to being rusted out. I inspected my exhaust right before I took my car to the dealership and it was in good shape. Please have tis investigated and stopped.

- Mason, OH, USA

Jan 022016

Corolla

"takata recall" I keep receiving recall notices, but when I call the dealership, they act like they don't know what I am talking about and when I call the 1800 number they act like everything is taken care of. Then the dealership calls and they don't know what is going on again. I have given up on the safety recall for the time being. I hope that as time passes the system will get smoothed out where this can actually get fixed, maybe. It does not seem that fixing the airbag issues are a serious priority in person, only on paper.

- Tow, TX, USA

Apr 222015

Corolla 4-cyl

Without any indication of a potential problem, my car lost complete power while driving it. In addition, my speedometer was stuck on 50 (I just got off the interstate & was going residential speed), my gas gauge reflected I had a full tank (I actually had a half of a tank) and my temp gauge said my engine was completely cool. I don't know what caused this to happen, but I'm lucky that it did not happen to me while I was on the interstate! let me clarify the facts here- total power loss while driving, steering wheel locked up, gauges - including the speedometer- while at a complete stop were stuck on inaccurate readings, no indication of an issue prior to it stalling! (prior to the car dying on me- headlights and interior lights were bright, radio worked, gauges were accurate. There was no loud noise when this happened, it is not the timing chain, the starter and battery are brand new, there was no hesitation and no trouble when starting it up.) I have not been able to get the car to start since. Did not respond to a jump. From my understanding, there should have been some order in which power is lost - example radio first- dimming lights, etc. Before power is lost to the entire car while driving.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Dec 242014

Corolla

I was on the highway 605 freeway in California on December 24,2014 at 10: Am. I was driving 60mph and suddenly felt a very strong shake in my car that continued for about two minutes and then I suddenly went from 60mph to 15 mph. I was really scared and concerned about this matter. If I didn't have control I would have gotten cars behind me or myself in a major accident due to this malfunction. I was very shaken up and stressed. I have never been this scared in my vehicle. I drove my car in search for an open mechanic and found one he did a full inspection which was very stressful due to the fact that it was a christmas eve. I really have been a loyal customer to Toyota my whole family and I really would like this to get taken care of. I don't see the need for me to spend more money when its a Toyota problem.

- Los Angeles , CA, USA

Oct 182010

Corolla

My driver side window lowers only part way when the temperature is lower than 70O and the window rattles when the window is raised. VIN 2T1br3244C215045 I contacted the Toyota customer service center, and spoke with Mr. Karin knan, under Toyota case # 1011110634, who instructed he would be contact you with my issue; the parts were under warranty for 3 years/36K. I just received a call from my service manager, who stated that the repair and investigation involved removing the door panel and viewing the window regulator and bolts. Request your consideration of my vehicle issue, similar to the recall of defect investigation EA08-004.

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Aug 112009

Corolla

The contact wanted to report a fatal accident involving a 2004 Toyota Celica. The vehicle was traveling approximately 60 mph on normal road conditions. The driver was ejected from the vehicle during a rollover crash. The vehicle turned over three times. A police report was filed. The vehicle was completely destroyed and the cause of failure has not been determined. The failure mileage and VIN were unknown.

- New York , NY, USA

Sep 272004

Corolla 4-cyl

I bought a Toyota Corolla 2004 sedan from gordie boucher Nissan, 10606 w. arthur avenue, West allis, Wisconsin, phone no. 414-543-1234 on Sept. 27th. The car was in very good condition, and both my husband, joy joseph and I didn't notice that the head rests for the back seats were missing. When we found that we broght this to the dealer's attention. They are not willing to get us two head rests for the back. My husband went to the Toyota dealer as we still have the full warranty from Toyota, and they are also not willing to provide us with the head rests. I know that in a collission it will be dangerous to have passengers in the back seat where they will have severe neck injuries. Before something severe happens, I would like to have the head rests in place. Please help me in getting this resolved.

- New Berlin, WI, USA

Mar 262004

Corolla

The drivers side sun visor will not go down all the way because the rear view mirror is in the way (it hits it). This is a driving distraction trying to reposition the rear view mirror every time the sun visor is lowered and raised.

- Belleville, IL, USA

Jan 012004

Corolla 4-cyl

The molding piece seperating from around the radio. My car was 3 months old when the problem was noticed. I have had this problem worked on twice. The second trip in, the molding was replaced which has helped for the most part. At first there was a big gap on the sides and on top of the radio and molding. It still is not 100% perfect as I would wish for a brand new car but it looks better now than it did in the beginning.

- Fayetteville, TN, USA