2005 Toyota Corolla suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Toyota Corolla:

2005 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

May 292012

Corolla 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Corolla equipped with yokohama avid-ascend tires. The contact stated that while the husband was driving 65 mph, the steering wheel started to vibrate. The failure only occurred while driving at high speeds. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who diagnosed no failure. The failure continued. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for the second time and the dealer diagnosed that the failure was associated with the tires. The tires were replaced, but the failure continued. The tire manufacturer was notified and agreed to replace the tires. The failure continued to occur at high speeds...updated 08/21/2012 updated 08/23/12

- Hazleton, PA, USA

Nov 062009

Vehicle in to dealer for alignment. Dealer said rear axel had to be shimmed for alignment. When customer picked up vehicle dealer said alignment would be good and shims would be good for future alignments. 13 months later and 23,000 miles later the vehicle wore out to 2/32nds 4 new tires. At another repair center other than downeast Toyota once the shims were removed the vehicle was able to be aligned.

- Sullivan, NE, USA

May 072010

My Toyota Corolla 2005 95000 miles swung from side to side and had the feeling that the car is in high winds for short time and losing control and had to hit brakes this happened over I70 for speeds between 60 and 70 miles per hr.

- Columbia, MO, USA

Oct 282006

I was driving down the 210 fwy going East. I was driving in the fast lane and there was a big rig to the right of my vehicle traveling in the same direction. Out of no where my car began fish tailing. I was fighting hard with my steering wheel as to avoid colliding with the big rig next to me. I nearly regained control of the vehicle, and again out of no where my car began fish tailing violently worse than before. At that time I was unable to regain control of the car. My steering wheel pulled hard to the left, spinning my car around into the carpool lane impacting the front right passenger side into the center divider and bouncing off causing the rear of my car to swing and hit the center divider a second time. The car then came to a stop leaving my car facing oncoming traffic. I was able to get across the lanes and pull my car off of the freeway. As there were no injuries and no other vehicles were involved a tow truck was called to have the car towed since the damages were too extent for the car to drive. There has never been another occurrence of the car fishtailing out of control with no explanation. Damages to the vehicle were repaired through the insurance company.

- Riverside, CA, USA

Apr 182006

I own a 2005 Toyota Corolla which was purchased certified used at 21,000 miles. Since I purchased this vehicle I have taken it to the local Toyota dealership at least 7 times for an alignment. The car pulls to the right and sometimes to the left, between 40 to 65 mph. I thought that it was due to the highway conditions here in California, but I have been driving on mostly surface streets for the last two years, and the same issue keeps occurring. Also, in reverse there is a large knocking sound and acceleration when it is colder than 50 degrees.

- Fairfield, CA, USA

Feb 162010

I bought a 2005 Corolla SE February 2009. Immediately after I bought the car I noticed that it veered heavily to the right and thought maybe the alignment was off. I took the car back to the dealer because it was under warranty and they test drove it and said that it was ok. The problem persisted so I took it back again and the technician explained to me that "all Toyota veered to the right" and that doing an alignment would not help any and I would have to pay for it. This happens on all roads at any speed, not just highway speeds. It veers at 25 mph and the tech also told me that it wont veer if I don't accelerate. I don't understand the logic in that. It seems to only be getting worse I have to hold my steering wheel about 10 degrees to the left at all times while driving to drive straight. I do not feel safe in this car and now I am stuck paying for it. I don't know what to do or who will listen. Please help or initiate a recall. Thank you.

- Torrance, CA, USA