5.3

2. replace with non defective rims / hubs (1 reports)
2005 Toyota Corolla wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Toyota Corolla:

2005 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Jan 012009

Corolla LE 3.2L

I HAVE A 2005 AND A 2008 TOYOTA COROLLA AND A 1998 TOYOTA CAMRY ALL OF WHICH I PURCHSED ALMOST NEW. ONE COROLLA HAS LOST ALL FOUR HUBS. THE 08 IS DOWN TO ONE. THE CAMRY HAS NEVER LOST ONE. I SEE COROLLAS ALL OVER THE PLACE WITH ONE OR MORE MISSING HUBCAPS. TOYOTA IS INSULTING MY INTELLIGENCE BY MAKING EXCUSES. I DON'T CLAIM TO KNOW EVERYTHING BUT I AM A STRUCTURAL ENGINEER AND I DO KNOW FOR A FACT THAT EITHER THE RIMS OR THE HUBS OR BOTH ARE DEFECTIVE. WE NEED A GOOD LAW FIRM TO SEE THIS AND TAKE ON A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT. WITH AS OFTEN AS THIS IS HAPPENING, ONE OF THESE DAYS A HUB IS GOING TO FLY OFF AND HURT SOMEONE. I HOPE IT'S ME BECAUSE I WILL TAKE TOYOTA TO THE CLEANERS.

IF YOU HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM PLEASE COMPLAIN. THE MORE COMPLIANTS THE BETTER CHANCES SOMEONE WILL DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

- , Wilton, CA, USA

Sep 202010

Corolla

2 of my hubcaps fell off. I had someone but one back on. The inside of the hubcap came off within the last 2 weeks. The inside of the hubcap which just fell off had a broken inside to the hubcap. This is the second time it happened. The design on the 2005 Toyota CE seems not right. Something is wrong of the hubcaps keeps falling off.

- , Oakland, FL, USA

Sep 142009

Corolla CE 1.8L

I've owned 14 cars since 1974 and this is the first time I've had my hubcaps fall off. WTF? My friend told me to take the hubcaps off and store them because he heard Toyota's have a tendency of losing them. I didn't believe him and now I'm out 2 hubcaps. What a very poor hubcap design! I'll definitely remember this when I purchase my next car in 2 years.

- , Manchester, MI, USA