2006 Toyota Corolla fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Toyota Corolla:

2006 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Apr 152009

The engine light won't go out there is a error reading of P0031 on the O2 sensor been replace 7 to 10 times and the light still stays on even resetting.I have problems year after year with my brakes over all I lost total trust in Toyota Corolla plus a lot more problems Toyota takes forever to send out the recall letters. I have 8 recalls but when you go look it up its states no recalls well this is why I lost trust Toyota doesn't care they use to be the best car ever not anymore.

- Tacoma, WA, USA

Jun 012016

I'm not certain regarding the specifics of the gas leak referenced in this article, but I am unable to fill my gas tank to full capacity as gas will leak from the tank because of pressure relief or overflow hose break at the top of the tank. I discovered this recently when attempting to fill up my tank. I have not noticed gas leaking while driving and am able to operate the vehicle with 3/4 tank of gas or less. I am wondering if this recall can be expanded. Thanks for your consideration to my information!

- Memphis, TN, USA

Jul 032011

The gas started to leak from top of the fuel tank when filling to maximum level. This failure appeared after 5 years usage of the new car. Driver who was not aware of this problem, caused mutch fuel leak to streets. This would have been dangerous for drivers who smoke.

- Tartu, AL, USA

Sep 242014

Corolla 4-cyl

I was pulling into a parking spot at work (California state university East bay in hayward ca) at approximately 5 mph. I applied the brake pedal to stop the vehicle, but instead of stopping, it went over the curb, crossed the walkway, broke through and knocked over a large bush, rolled down an incline for 3-4 yards, and stopped when it struck a tree. I believe the incident appears similar to the current investigation under NHTSA action number DP14003.

- Walnut Creek, CA, USA