CarComplaints.com Notes: Beware of the NHTSA complaint data for the 2007 Corolla. It is almost certainly misleading.

The problem with NHTSA data for the 2007 Corolla is that for months on end, the news media repeatedly told the public that several Toyota models have an unintended acceleration defect, & to go to safercar.gov (the NHTSA's website) to file a complaint.

So, the NHTSA received a disproportionate number of complaints about Toyota unintended acceleration issues because of the national news media attention, to the point where now the NHTSA data is unreliable taken in context with any other vehicle that did not receive national news attention.

CarComplaints.com typically receives more complaints per day about vehicles than the NHTSA does, but the news media did not repeatedly say "go to CarComplaints.com to report your Toyota acceleration problems" like they did about the NHTSA -- so although we have less complaint data than the NHTSA for the 2007 Corolla, our data for the Corolla is a far more statistically accurate representation of the Corolla's reliability than what the NHTSA data shows.

2007 Toyota Corolla miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Corolla:

2007 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Jun 162015

Corolla

NHTSA recall # 15V285 the dealership I bought my car from tells me they have no time or parts to fix this recall on my car. The dealership I bought the car from is ira Toyota of danvers, 99B andover street, danvers, MA 01923 can you please help

- Beverly, MA, USA

Oct 022015

Corolla

While at an idle (stationary) the car suddenly lunged forward and I almost rear ended the car in front of me. I was on a slight incline with wheels turned to the right. It was not the fast idle for the air compressor, it was a must heavier throttle thrust. It felt much like I just punched the accelerator and let off (which, of course, I did not). I don't know if this has any bearing on the situation, but I just went through the automatic car wash?

- Edmond, OK, USA

Oct 012015

Corolla

I need my passenger side airbag safety recall situation addressed as soon as possible. We need and use our front passenger seat each and every day. That is how the family is structured. Please send parts for repair to be done as soon as possible. Does this aire bag problem effect the coolant fluid?

- Windsor Mills, MD, USA

Apr 302015

Corolla

Fluid leaking from passenger side air bag and sometimes can hear a fluid running sound near passenger side air area

- Windsor Mills, MD, USA

Feb 092015

Corolla

Looked up a recall on the emc of 2007 Toyota Corollas. My car was rear ended on 12/31/2014. Ever since, my car has been having electrical problems. My radiator fan is not working and had to be hot wired by a mechanic for it to stay on while running. My ac is not working, my shifter is stuck in park which is caused by a bad solenoid. I have had it inspected for over 8 hours by certified mechanics at midas, and they couldn't fix it. They said that every test they did was reading that nothing was wrong but my ac and radiator fan and solenoid are not working. My car stalls out occasionally, it wont start sometimes, and it is idling louder than before.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Oct 132008

Corolla

Driving on 2 lane blacktop road, dog in my path of travel, firmly applied the brakes, car was pulled to the right, went off the road and continued to travel parallel until I struck a gravel entry driveway to a field with the front of my vehicle and then flipped end over end 3 times according to witness finally resting on its top. Upon looking at the scene, there was one (1)black skid mark. The highway was dry, there was a very slight incline in the road and it was a straight stretch. The weather was overcast. The insurance company would not investigate my complaint and insisted that I swerved. I called Toyota and they "checked the brakes" on the totalled car and the headlight operation. I had called them to figure out what had gone wrong. In their report they said there was nothing wrong with the brakes or headlights. I had reported that prior to this incident that the headlights would go on for no apparent reason at the same location (an area where my cell phone coverage would go out). The accident occurred near an airport which was another area where my cell phone coverage would go out. Since I had fractured my sternum and had the discolored imprint of the turn signal on my chest, I thought that the air bag should have deployed on first impact. I questioned the brakes and electronic/electrical system. Their report is dated 11/11/2008 and does not indicate a file or complaint number.

- Peosta, IA, USA

Jun 032010

Corolla 4-cyl

2007 Toyota Corolla. Consumer requests compensation the consumer did not state a defect. She was uncomfortable driving the vehicle due to the current recall.

- Vista, CA, USA

Mar 242010

Corolla

Car : 2007 Corolla ce first incident : accelorator would get stuck and it wouldn't go down until I press the breaks really hard. It kept shaking the steering wheel. After incident I took to cabe Toyota of long beach (562) 595-7411. And cabe Toyota wasted my time and kept the car for two days and said no work was done because nothing was wrong but it seemed like they did some adjustments to the car because weird noises started happening. Second incident: 03/24/2010 break failure on wardlow blvd towards atlantic avenue. Breaks did not want to go down. Car kept going after trying to press breaks! had to shut down car by taking key out of ignition and pull emergency break. Luckily no car was in front and back. Sterring wheel locked. As soon as it happened I called cabe Toyota and filed a complaint about it. They took the car for less then a day and told me to pick up my car. The mechanic said "we had it for two days and found nothing wrong with it." And they had a meeting with the Toyota and said give the car back. Time of submitting car 2 pm on 03/24/2010. Time I called to ask about car around 1:30ish 03/25/2010. They only had the car for one day. And issued the car back to me. I do not know what to do. I was shaking drastically after it happened. Luckily my daughter wasn't in the car. Or I was not on the freeway.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Oct 242008

Corolla

2007 Toyota Corolla was hit in the rear by another driver. Consumer believes that the car is not made with quality materials. The consumer stated the impact of the crash did not seem to great, however the bumper was smashed and filled with plain styrofoam that was suppose to be an impact absorber.

- Webster Groves, MO, USA