Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Beware of the NHTSA complaint data for the 2008 Corolla. It is almost certainly misleading.

The problem with NHTSA data for the 2008 Corolla is that for months on end, the news media repeatedly told the public that several Toyota models have an unintended acceleration defect, & to go to (the NHTSA's website) to file a complaint.

So, the NHTSA received a disproportionate number of complaints about Toyota unintended acceleration issues because of the national news media attention, to the point where now the NHTSA data is unreliable taken in context with any other vehicle that did not receive national news attention. typically receives more complaints per day about vehicles than the NHTSA does, but the news media did not repeatedly say "go to to report your Toyota acceleration problems" like they did about the NHTSA -- so although we have less complaint data than the NHTSA for the 2008 Corolla, our data for the Corolla is a far more statistically accurate representation of the Corolla's reliability than what the NHTSA data shows.

2008 Toyota Corolla brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Toyota Corolla:

2008 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Dec 102015

My car had difficulty starting after getting the new battery last month, and a couple days ago my engine stalled as I slowed it down to stop in the busy traffic road while I was going to the dealership to get it checked. I had it towed to the nearest dealership assuming that a wrong battery was installed, but it turned out to be a bad ECM. I had to get it fixed by paying over $800. The thing is the ECM unit in my car was a replaced one in the past as the Toyota recalled it. I am really scared of driving my car now because it might happen again in the future, and I wonder if Toyota knows this issue that the ECM does not recognize a new battery well. I read the same story while searching for this problem.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Sep 012015

Failure of the electronic control module

- Carbon Hill, AL, USA

Sep 102011

Corolla 4-cyl

I have received a safety recall from Toyota, I went to the dealership to fix it, dealership did it, but I have received the safety recall again stating that records indicate that the vehicle has not yet had this condition corrected. It is either the dealer did not report it or dealer did not do it.

- Verona, NJ, USA