- October 27: Toyota Recalls 5.8 Million Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbags recalls | 0 days ago
- October 22: Toyota Recalls Highlander to Reconnect Brake Fluid Sensor recalls | 5 days ago
- October 19: Lexus Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Alleges Sunroof Glass is Defective news | 8 days ago
- October 16: California DMV Welcomes Federal Driverless Car Guidelines news | 11 days ago
- October 12: Toyota Recalls Prius Over Rollaway Dangers recalls | 15 days ago
Weird Glitch In Radio
CarComplaints.com Notes: Beware of the NHTSA complaint data for the 2008 Corolla. It is almost certainly misleading.
The problem with NHTSA data for the 2008 Corolla is that for months on end, the news media repeatedly told the public that several Toyota models have an unintended acceleration defect, & to go to safercar.gov (the NHTSA's website) to file a complaint.
So, the NHTSA received a disproportionate number of complaints about Toyota unintended acceleration issues because of the national news media attention, to the point where now the NHTSA data is unreliable taken in context with any other vehicle that did not receive national news attention.
CarComplaints.com typically receives more complaints per day about vehicles than the NHTSA does, but the news media did not repeatedly say "go to CarComplaints.com to report your Toyota acceleration problems" like they did about the NHTSA -- so although we have less complaint data than the NHTSA for the 2008 Corolla, our data for the Corolla is a far more statistically accurate representation of the Corolla's reliability than what the NHTSA data shows.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 68,500 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replacing the water pump fixed it.. (1 reports)