- February 16: Toyota Mirai Fuel Cell Cars Recalled, All 2,840 of Them recalls | 8 days ago
- January 26: Toyota Tundra Recalled to Fix Step Bumpers recalls | 29 days ago
- January 13: Toyota Recalls 543,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 42 days ago
- January 4: Toyota Rusted Frame Settlement Agreement Nears news | 51 days ago
- December 31: Toyota Prius Headlight Lawsuit Targets Low-Beam Failures news | 55 days ago
Weird Glitch In Radio
CarComplaints.com Notes: Beware of the NHTSA complaint data for the 2008 Corolla. It is almost certainly misleading.
The problem with NHTSA data for the 2008 Corolla is that for months on end, the news media repeatedly told the public that several Toyota models have an unintended acceleration defect, & to go to safercar.gov (the NHTSA's website) to file a complaint.
So, the NHTSA received a disproportionate number of complaints about Toyota unintended acceleration issues because of the national news media attention, to the point where now the NHTSA data is unreliable taken in context with any other vehicle that did not receive national news attention.
CarComplaints.com typically receives more complaints per day about vehicles than the NHTSA does, but the news media did not repeatedly say "go to CarComplaints.com to report your Toyota acceleration problems" like they did about the NHTSA -- so although we have less complaint data than the NHTSA for the 2008 Corolla, our data for the Corolla is a far more statistically accurate representation of the Corolla's reliability than what the NHTSA data shows.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 68,500 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replacing the water pump fixed it.. (1 reports)