- June 29: Recall: Lexus ES 350 Cars Can Lose Steering Control recalls | 21 days ago
- June 20: Toyota Sienna Power Sliding Door Lawsuit Filed in Missouri news | 30 days ago
- June 18: Takata and Honda Get Some Airbag Claims Dismissed news | 32 days ago
- June 13: Toyota Loses Appeal in Koua Fong Lee Crash news | 37 days ago
- June 4: Toyota Owned Part of Tesla, But Not Anymore news | 46 days ago
Weird Glitch In Radio
CarComplaints.com Notes: Beware of the NHTSA complaint data for the 2008 Corolla. It is almost certainly misleading.
The problem with NHTSA data for the 2008 Corolla is that for months on end, the news media repeatedly told the public that several Toyota models have an unintended acceleration defect, & to go to safercar.gov (the NHTSA's website) to file a complaint.
So, the NHTSA received a disproportionate number of complaints about Toyota unintended acceleration issues because of the national news media attention, to the point where now the NHTSA data is unreliable taken in context with any other vehicle that did not receive national news attention.
CarComplaints.com typically receives more complaints per day about vehicles than the NHTSA does, but the news media did not repeatedly say "go to CarComplaints.com to report your Toyota acceleration problems" like they did about the NHTSA -- so although we have less complaint data than the NHTSA for the 2008 Corolla, our data for the Corolla is a far more statistically accurate representation of the Corolla's reliability than what the NHTSA data shows.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 68,500 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replacing the water pump fixed it.. (1 reports)