2009 Toyota Corolla accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Toyota Corolla:

2009 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Mar 232010

After Toyota recalled and worked on my gas pedal, it got stuck once, which literally caused me to bump slightly into a car in front of me) then escalated on its own sporadically. One dealer agent told me would submit paperwork and it would take an hour to check, and the gas pedal would be replaced. When I tried to bring the car to be checked and worked on, he said not come till he called when he was ready. For 1-2 weeks he never called. When I went to ask, they said the car was not to be worked on for a while. I called customer service to change to another dealership. This dealership asked me to wait for 2 weeks, and said would need to keep my car for two weeks to check. I called twice but no one called back. I finally went to a dealership where I happened to be near where I worked one day. They checked to make sure my car was okay at least then. I asked them help me put my carpet in place as after detailing the first dealership did not put them back in order as they were wet. This dealership put hook on my carpet to make sure they were in place as I did not have the hook as they were supposed to be, and advised me to call customer service, not knowing I have already called and they were referring me to dealership that took forever. I was by another dealership where I worked the next day. They checked, and ordered the gas pedal immediately. In just 2-3 days they told me they had the part and had me over and got my car fixed. The carpet in the driver seat is fixed, but not the others yet. The gas pedal of my car was a risk to the safety of me and my car and other people and cars around me. The delay of the first two dealerships and customer service seem to not care for the urgent need for the pedal to be replaced immediately to ensure absolute safety. The latter two dealership were helpful to spot the problem of my carpet and took preventive measure immediately, and then got the gas pedal replaced immediately. Should take care of problem better.

- Lexington , KY, USA

Jun 012009

This is a follow up to a previous complaint. I felt compelled to do so after reading other issues people were having with there Toyota Corollas (s). I purchased this car June 1st 2009. Three weeks after purchase I noticed something was wrong with the paint. I took it to the dealers, the service dept manager looked at it and said it was due to the environment, the sales guy told me it was due to tree sap and the third time I took it the sales manager said it was from bird crap ( it's garaged most of the time). Weeks later I was hit by a concrete truck, at first thought it was the trucks fault but not real sure now because of the difficult steering with this car. At the time of the accident there was no air bag deployment. I had the car repaired by a private shop, they couldn't understand why the airbag did not deploy. While my car was there they looked at the paint. I have a black car with large white spots and was told there was a problem with the clear coat and it would cost around 4,000 to fix it. I again went to the dealership and was told this time that's what happens when you buy a black car. I have filed a complaint with Toyota and we all know where that has got me. I filed a complaint with the consumer complaint Agency and Toyota failed to respond. Boy, for a reliable care the only thing I can rely on is poor quality and a death trap. I have a Dodge and will drive it before this death trap. Good luck trying to do a lane change and looking into the blind spots. I have almost hit cars on my right while attempting to do a lane change more times than I can count.

- Gloucester, VA, USA