2009 Toyota Corolla transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Toyota Corolla:

2009 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Apr 112015

Corolla LE 1.8L Vvti

The car was warmed up and has about 50 miles on it already. Temp in the 50s, nice dry day. I was driving on a local road and turned onto the ramp to the Turnpike. I had slowed down to approx. 20-25 miles an hour. As I merged into traffic before the toll booth I put my foot on the accelerator to maintain speed, estimate I was traveling at roughly 25 miles per hour. The engine seems to labor for a second and the transmission just disengaged for a couple of seconds. I released the pedal and gave it gas again and the car accelerated. I'm guessing but I think the car was attempting to down shift from 3rd gear to 2nd gear at the time of the issue.

- , Marlborough, MA, USA

Dec 122009

Corolla S 1.6L

• CVT transmission

Transmission feels like it hangs during the transition from acceleration to cruising speed. RPMs remain in the 3k range for awhile during transition speeds, really eats up gas mileage. Recent problem at @ 10k Miles. Dealer said they can reset/reprogram the shift points, seems like he's familiar with the complaint. This car is loaded with little bothersome deficiencies. Rattles, Steering, A/C Odors... see other complaints.

- , Kingsville, TX, USA