2013 Toyota Corolla brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Toyota Corolla:

2013 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Nov 242015

Corolla

I leased my car in June 2013 and about a year and half later the mechanic told me that my brakes are getting low. I was confused I thought brakes lasted a least three years brand new out the dealership. He said no it depends how I drive and how many times I stop. So I said really you have cars coming in a year and half later that have low brakes already it sounds like you guys put in cheap brakes. He said no that their brakes are top quality brakes. So I said ok but I will wait six months. So here we are now 2 years into my lease and about 19500 miles into my car they said I needed brakes. I called pep boys, midas, and other shops they said my brakes shouldn't die that fast. I said I thought so too but the Toyota insist that their brakes are excellent and that it is normal for brakes to die at about 2 years in.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Jul 032015

Corolla

On July 3, 2015 when at first my car wouldn't start, I asked someone to look at my car and it was noticed that my brake fluid level was very low just to the point of empty. I was very concern because at no point prior to this discovery, the "brake" warning light did not flash or appear on to inform me to this issue! I called auto dealer and made an appointment for routine oil/maintenance service and requested that this matter be researched as to why no "brake" warning light worked; to also flush the brake system to check for air in the hose etc...; however very disappointment with auto service reply: I was basically told that the brake fluid level was not low enough for the "brake" warning light to activated; however when the car eventually started; the brake pedal was very noisy and once brake fluid level filled, the noise stopped. I believe that due to the "brake" warning light not being activated was a great safety risk to myself as well as others.

- Hamden, CT, USA

Aug 272014

Corolla

The contact owns a 2013 Toyota Corolla. While driving 5 mph, the vehicle failed to stop when the brake pedal was depressed. As a result, the contact's vehicle crashed into another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was not filed and no injuries were reported. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Westchester, CA, USA

Jun 192014

Corolla

The contact owns a 2013 Toyota Corolla. While driving 65 mph, the steering wheel became difficult to turn and the vehicle would veer left and right. The vehicle also had delayed acceleration and the vechicle abnormally vibrated. The dealer stated that the brakes needed to be replaced and the rotors needed to be surfaced. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 16,000.

- Mill Creek , WA, USA

Jan 142014

Corolla

Driving slowly in traffic, car in front stopped. I went to stop and pumped brake pedal several times but car would not stop. Rear ended car in front, steering wheel airbag deployed and engine stopped. Went to move car out of traffic lane and again when I went to stop, now going only 3-5 mph, pumped brakes again several times and car would not stop. Same thing happened one more time. Then drove car to rental Agency using hand/emergency brake only, and traded in damaged car for different one. Do not know anything more about what might have been found wrong with vehicle.

- Santa Barbara, CA, USA

Jan 172014

Corolla

The contact owns a 2013 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated that while driving 25 mph, he depressed the brake pedal and the ABS light illuminated. He had to pump the brake pedal a few times in order to get the vehicle to stop. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection but they could not determine the cause of failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 26,500.

- San Antoino , TX, USA