2013 Toyota Corolla seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Toyota Corolla:

2013 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Feb 082016

The contact owns a 2013 Toyota Corolla. A month after purchasing the vehicle, it didn't recognize that the seat belt was fastened. The air bag warning light illuminated, which indicated that the air bag was deactivated when a passenger was in the vehicle. The manufacturer did not have the parts to remedy the vehicle. The approximate failure mileage was 31,608.

- Falls Church, VA, USA

Dec 012014

Rear driver side seat belt buckle clicker incorrectly installed clicker part was installed reverse in rear seat causing middle and rear driver side passenger for the potential of seat belts become in tangled... problem taken care of by dealer at our complaint....

- Lancaster, CA, USA

Dec 142014

Our seat belt is coming apart on our back seat belts, where it retracks into the car., it is freying.

- St Anthony , ID, USA

Jul 302014

On Wednesday, July 30, 2014 I was driving on I-5 South bound, just before cannon road exit. Traffic was going at 35-40 mph, however, at times coming to complete stops. Traffic was very slow ahead so I brake and came near a complete stop. I looked in the rearview mirror and noticed the car behind me approaching at a very high speed, I was constrained on both sides and unable to move to avoid an accident. The car rear-ended me at a high speed and within seconds pushed me at a high speed into the car in front of me, I did brace for the impact but the seatbelt never tensioned or locked and no airbags deployed in my vehicle even though my front end was impacted severely. I put my arms up and twisted my body to the left in order to protect myself. I used my own body as a protection. I am currently being treated for whiplash and shoulder pain due to no active or passive system in the car being deployed. I consider this a very serious safety concern and want to ensure it is addressed as soon as possible to prevent others from having to go through an accident with no active or passive restraints working...updated 12/09/15

- Oceanside, CA, USA

Oct 172013

The contact owns a 2013 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated while driving 45 mph a vehicle crashed into the contact and caused the contact to crash into a wall. During the crash the air bags did not deploy and the seat belts did not lock. The contact suffered injuries to the back and the passenger suffered injuries to the back and arm. The vehicle was not destroyed. The manufacturer stated in order for them to inspect the vehicle it had to be repaired. The failure mileage was 14,838.

- Candler, NC, USA

Jul 082013

The contact owns a 2013 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated that the air bag warning light remained illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where diagnostic testing was performed, which located the failure at the seat belt assembly sensor. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 930.

- Schenectady , NY, USA