2014 Toyota Corolla body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Toyota Corolla:

2014 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

May 062016

Corolla

I was parked in the underground parking at the North West corner of amherst ave and santa monica blvd in los angeles. I was exiting driving up the very narrow exit ramp. 1.the one way exit to the lot curves and is very narrow. As I navigated the narrow exit, I felt that I was almost touching the wall on the right side. 2.I applied the brakes and put the car in reverse in order to get away from the wall. However, the brakes did not respond and the car rolled backwards around the bend, hitting the wall behind me. The car came to a complete stop. 3.applying the brakes had no impact on the car neither decelerating nor accelerating. This shows that the brakes definitely did not work. 4.with my foot on the brakes, I put the car in drive. At no time did I press the accelerator pedal. I would have heard the engine. The instant I shifted to drive, the car lunged forward at a very high rate of speed. Consequentially, my car zoomed up the driveway into the ground level parking facing West. Within a second or so, my car collided with another car, parked facing West in front of pizza hut. Due to the force of the impact at such a high rate of speed, the parked Hyundai superseded the concrete parking barrier crashing into pizza hut, shattering the store front window. 5.my car was thankfully stopped due to impact with the Hyundai on the right side of my vehicle and a low wall on the left side.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Apr 302014

Corolla

When I pull my car into a parking spot with a cement parking bump stopper, the car hangs up on it causing some scratches on the underside- Toyota has said there is no design flaw but I disagree. If I do not pull in all the way, I risk someone hitting the back of the car because I will be sticking out too far. A second problem is the ac. I live in Florida and when I get into the car it is often over 100 degrees.. I have to drive for a few minutes with hot air blowing on me before the cool air kicks in. This makes me sweat and very uncomfortable. Toyota says that is just the design of the car. I never had that problem with my two rav4's. I am also wondering if a have the airbags that are recalled. No notice yet.

- Madeira Beach, FL, USA

Dec 302015

Sunroof exploded

- Irvington, AL, USA

Apr 152015

Corolla

As I was driving around a curved street, my steering wheel locks on me. I could not swerve and turn my car to follow the curved street. I could not move the wheel at all. My car ran into a tree head first. All the airbags deployed and smoke appeared. My entire car was totaled and smashed in the front. Scariest thing because I had no control. Thank god, my 1 year old son was not in the backseat or else he would have been fatally injured with those airbags. I need to know what can be done. Toyota has had recalls in the past and this could have ended my life.

- Hackensack, NJ, USA

Jan 232015

Corolla 4-cyl

This am I hit a deer on the way to work head on at 65-67 mph and not one air bag deployed!!! the entire front end crumpled to the windshield area and the radiator and parts torn lose to the top of engine and not one air bag deployed. Everyone at the wreck could not believe it and now I am terrified of the car if direct contact at that speed does not open the safety equipment what will? this car is not safe.

- Hillister, TX, USA

Dec 172014

Corolla

I was making a right turn pulling into a parking space in a shopping mall. I was approximately 1/2 to 3/4 of the way in when the vehicle took off and went into a tree and then a wall. I would guess the vehicle traveled approximately 40 feet after the sudden and unintended acceleration. This definitely was sudden and unintended acceleration. The front end of the vehicle was damaged by the tree and the wall the air bag did not deploy.

- Boynton Beach , FL, USA

Sep 212014

Corolla 4-cyl

As I was driving through the rain storm at night, I noticed my windshield wiper motor stop working. The next morning I found there is a flaw of design where the fluid delivery system is below the engine hood which is a completely and utterly moronic. I found out damaged/dent hood caused it to improperly malfunction.

- Barrington, NH, USA

Jul 012014

Corolla

I put the car in reverse to park. Suddenly, the car jumped into drive, went forward and hit a parked car.

- Whitestone, NY, USA

Jun 292014

Corolla 4-cyl

I was driving in a normal local road condition in a Sunday afternoon. I was aware a 6" crack on the drive-side windshield. It started from the edge. Next morning when I drove to work, it grew to about 2' long. It scared me and I took immediately action and fixed it next day (Tuesday).

- Kingwood, TX, USA

Apr 292014

Corolla

The contact owns a 2014 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated that after closing the driver's door, the rear driver's side imploded and shattered glass into the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer but was not repaired. The manufacture was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 458 and the current mileage was 500.

- Kanas City, MO, USA

Mar 112014

Corolla

The contact owns a 2014 Toyota Corolla. The contact stated that there was an extreme blind spot created by the driver's side door frame. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the failure could not be replicated. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage and VIN was not available.

- Rio Rancho, NM, USA

Jan 192014

Corolla

Well I just buy a Toyota Corolla 2014 on 10/14/2013 and the windshield just crack the car was on my drive way the car was park and when I was living my place and I got in to my car I saw a crack on the windshield so im thinking who did the happen from no where so I went on line I google I found all this complains about Toyota windshield cracking for no reason. I call the dealer and told them what happen and ask them about the price and the windshield its 900 and the installation is 300. So think the windshield is a very poor quality because if its just not my car and the windshield cracks over and over some thing it's wrong with the material and its not safe at and what's I think they should make the windshield more safe. Can you please fin this.

- Los Angeles , CA, USA