2014 Toyota Corolla suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Toyota Corolla:

2014 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Jun 122015

Corolla

While making a 90 degree turn from the roadway into a parking space I heard a loud snapping, banging noise from the right front of my vehicle and the vehicle came to an abrupt stop. I turned the ignition off and checked the front side of my vehicle and was alarmed to find that my right front wheel was pointed in the opposite direction of my left front wheel and upon further investigation found what appears to be a snapped tie rod end or lower control arm. The following morning I had a tow truck haul the vehicle to the dealer that I originally purchased the vehicle from. The tow truck driver was able to straighten out the wheel in order to get the vehicle on the truck. The driver commented " you are some fortunate that you weren't traveling any faster you would have no control over your steering!" the dealer let me know that the vehicle needs an inner and outer tie rod, sway bar link, a strut assembly and a new axle!! the dealer further went on to say that the parts are all under warranty so you are all set!! I asked, how is it possible that a vehicle with only 11,800 miles could have had such a catastrophic failure. The answer, we are not sure at this point the parts will be shipped back to the factory.

- Portland, ME, USA

Jul 032014

Corolla

I was pulling into a parking space & slowing down. I turned left into the space and, of course, had my foot on the brake and my car suddenly accelerated on it's own. I kept pushing on the brake but it kept going. The higher than usual curb at the shopping center, I suppose, is what stopped the car, though my foot repeatedly kept pushing the brake. I tried to drive it home but it was not working. We had it towed to Toyota in rockwall. They had someone look at it. The person that looked at it called my home to get my story but asked my husband what took place. I didn't get the message till the next day. When I was getting ready to call him back, my husband told me that he called and said he did not need to talk to me. How can you legitimately tell me what I say happened did not happen when you haven't even talked to me. I was the only one in the car, not my husband. They checked out the "black box" I suppose and sent me a very nice letter basically telling me what I told my husband happened, did not happen. I do not lie. I was there and I know what happened. I was very disappointed in the way that this was handled. I felt like how could I even fight this, Toyota is a big corporation. I am just one person who had an incident with one of their vehicles. It would be my word against theirs. I appreciate NHTSA taking the time to hear my side of what happened. My husband and I are fans of Toyota vehicles. I have several Camry and my husband presently drives a prius and a Tundra so again, we are very disappointed in the way that this was handled.

- Rockwall, TX, USA