2015 Toyota Corolla brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Toyota Corolla:

2015 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Mar 012016

Corolla

Brakes overheat after driving for several hours and after they heat car needs more distance to be able to stop and was almost in an accident (brake pads get deformed from heat)

- Monterey Park, CA, USA

Sep 232015

Corolla

Bought May 2015, warm day, firm brakes. Wet, cold fall months brakes became soft w/ excessive travel & erratic during 40mph & under. Took to dealer Sept 2015 at 1,562 miles. Tech performed road test. Couldn┐T duplicate conditions. Checked for codes. Stated ┐found normal braking conditions┐. I started driving again & noticed during warm days around 70 deg brakes changed hardness with A/C on. More firm. During colder days brakes would go within 2 inches of floor before working. Took to dealer on ┐walk-in┐ basis when car was acting up. Drove w/ tech 1 hr tried to get him to notice difference in brakes. Tech stated brakes were acting ┐normal┐ & that I just wasn┐T familiar w/ how the systems operated. I insisted it wasn┐T normal. Tech contacted manufacturer. They said replace master cylinder and bleed system. Returned car & stated ┐driving correctly now┐. I started driving again & noticed whistling sound coming from engine compt when driving under 30mph between bdlgs w/ window down. Brakes go all the way to the floor at times & they grab & the car stops abruptly. Especially in stop-&-go traffic. Took to dealer March 2016 at 4,800 miles. I suggested checking entire vacuum system for leaks. Tech only checked line to brake booster. Tech made ┐little┐ adjustment to E-brake & rear brakes. Tech stated brakes ┐feels similar to new Corolla┐ & no whistling sound. I can still hear whistling sound & brakes still have same issues! I think it's a design flaw related to the entire vacuum system & should be recalled! told dealer. Test drove 2016 Honda civic w/ similar braking systems it performed like a new car should! other issues w/this Corolla are the suspension is too ┐loose┐ when traveling above 55mph & changing lanes, the engine is way too loud when accel & often knocks during accel & idling (changed gas stations & checked fuel type, still same problem), & headlights R 2 bright...

- Portland, OR, USA

Sep 232015

Corolla

Bought May 2015, warm day, firm brakes. Wet, cold fall months brakes became soft w/ excessive travel & erratic during 40mph & under. Took to dealer Sept 2015 at 1,562 miles. Tech performed road test. Couldn┐T duplicate contions. Checked for codes. Stated ┐found normal braking conitions┐. I started driving again & noticed during warm days around 70 deg brakes changed hardness with A/C on. More firm. During colder days brakes would go within 2 inches of floor before working. Took to dealer on ┐walk in┐ basis when car was acting up. Drove w/ tech 1 hr tried to get him to notice difference in brakes. Tech stated brakes were acting ┐normal┐ & that I just wasn┐T familiar w/ how the systems operated. I instisted it wasn┐T normal. Tech contacted manufacturer. They said replace master cylinder and bleed system. Returned car & stated ┐driving correctly now┐. I started driving again & noticed whisteling sound coming from engine compt when driving under 30mph between bdlgs w/ window down. Brakes go all the way to the floor at times & they grab & stop the car abruptly. Especially in stop-&-go traffic. Took to dealer March 2016 at 4,800 miles. I suggested checking entire vacuum system for leaks. Tech only checked line to brake booster. Tech made ┐little┐ adjustment to E-brake & rear brakes. Tech stated brakes ┐feels similar to new Corolla┐ & no whistling sound. I can still hear whistling sound & brakes still have same issues! I think it's a design flaw related to the entire vacuum system & should be recalled! told dealer. Test drove 2016 Honda civic w/ similar braking systems it performed like a new car should! other issues w/this Corolla are the suspension is too ┐loose┐ when traveling above 55mph & changing lanes, the engine is way to loud when accel & often knocks during accel & idling (changed gas stations & checked fuel type, still same problem), & headlights R 2 bright...

- Portland, OR, USA

Jul 292015

Corolla

I purchased a 2015 Toyota Corolla from charles maund Toyota on June 15, 2015 and around a month after I bought it, I have been having problems with the breaks ever since. My service technician and other service men said a lot of people had been bringing these cars (2015 Toyota Corolla) back for the same noise and other brake issues as I described. There is a cracking noise when I put my foot on the brakes sometimes. Dealer service men said this is something that I will always hear because of the materials Toyota makes their brakes and pads out of, once it reaches a certain temperature, I will hear the noise. Sometimes brake pedal goes down to the floor by its self after I have stopped. Service men said they felt the brake pedal go down and said they fixed it. But on October 30, 2015 it started going down by its self again. Both front wheels now making loud popping or knocking noise when I put my foot on the brake sometimes and wheels do not stop, they keep turning. Service men said they could not do anything because it never happened when they drove the car. October 21, I had another scary event in the parking lot at my job as I was leaving work for the day in my 2015 Toyota Corolla. As I went around the first curve in the garage, the popping or knocking noise from the right wheel started again when I put my foot on the brake, as I went around the 2nd curve and braked, the popping noise came from both wheels and they did not stop rolling when I put my foot all the way down on the brake. The wheels kept turning, it felt like when you think you have tighten a bolt all the way, but then it slips a little further. I have the most problems when going down a slope.

- Pflugerville, TX, USA

Aug 242015

Corolla

Stopped at a red light with foot on the brakes. Out of nowhere the car accelerated forward extremely fast. Forced to hit an car in front of me within a car or two, distance wise. After the incident the RPM gauge fluctuates from low to high. In addition, once gas pedal is pressed car slows down and eco activates, then after about 5 seconds car accelerator extremely fast.

- Sugar Notch, PA, USA

Dec 242014

Corolla 4-cyl

On December 24th 2014 I was driving my vehicle (2014 Toyota Corolla S) in (D) and was trying to slow down, because the driver in front of me brake. When I depressed my brake pedal the vehicle accelerated. I shifted into neutral and continued to brake and it eventually slowed me down. I shifted back into (D) and continued on my way, although shaken up. The road conditions were good, there was no rain or ice on the road that day. I checked my floor mats to see if they were sticking to the acceleration pedal when I got into the driveway, but I did not notice any such defect with the floor mats sticking to the pedal. A few weeks later driving to work on 01/20/2015 around the same speed on the same road conditions the vehicle gave me unwanted acceleration again while attempting to brake. I performed the same way I had previously, I entered into neutral and braked, except this time I came within inches of the vehicle forward of me. The next day on 01/21/2015 while driving to work the vehicle again performed the exact same malfunction as the previous day. On all days the road conditions were fine and should have not affected the vehicles performance. I decided to bring the vehicle to the dealership where I had leased the vehicle. I set up an appointment and had left it there 01/24/2015-01/26/2015. I received the vehicle back on 01/26/2015 and the master mechanic found no defects. I filed a complaint with the dealership and was told the service manager would contact me. After he had not for a few days, I decided to call him. I had gotten his voicemail and left a message. To date I have still not received a call back from the service manager. I have decided to take precautions and begin a vehicle safety complaint. I would like this matter resolved before myself or anyone else becomes injured or worse.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA