2015 Toyota Corolla engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Toyota Corolla:

2015 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Feb 292016

Corolla

The contact owns a 2015 Toyota Corolla. While driving 25 mph, the vehicle independently accelerated and the accelerator pedal became stuck to the floorboard. As a result, the contact crashed into another vehicle and the air bags failed to deploy. The contact was not injured. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to the contact's residence. The vehicle was taken to a collision center to be repaired for the body damage. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 11,000.

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Sep 152015

Corolla 4-cyl

2015 Toyota Corolla. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle sudden acceleration. The consumer stated after she back out of a parking lot, she applied the brake, put the vehicle in drive to pull away from the barrier, when suddenly the vehicle accelerated to at least 30 mph. She was barely able to control the vehicle. She tried putting the vehicle in neutral, but it was revving extremely loud. She crossed an alley, the backside of a car wash and was heading recklessly toward a busy street. She attempted to put the vehicle in neutral again and the vehicle started to slow down and she was able to pull the emergency brake and come to a complete stop.

- Yakima, WA, USA

Aug 302015

Corolla

The contact owns a 2015 Toyota Corolla. While parking at approximately 5 mph, the vehicle accelerated on its own and caused the contact to crash into a metal barrier. A police report was not filed and there were no injuries. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 980. The VIN was not available.

- La Fayette, LA, USA

Jul 142015

Corolla

Filing a complaint on behalf of our insured/policyholder. She was backing out of driveway in reverse and foot applied on brake, at this time the accelerator began surging and the vehicle while in reverse and brake being pressed went up in speed to possibly 35 miles per hour and across the street, hit curb and jumped curb, and the rear end ultimately struck a tree and came to a rest in the opposing home's yard. Research online such as the latimes.com shows that this year/make/model has had numerous complaints of accelerator surging occurring while the vehicle is in drive or reverse.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

May 022015

Corolla

The D disappeared from odometer and the echo light started flashing lost all power to car as it stalled. When the D reappeared the power to vehicle cam back on. Been doing it ever since. Took to dealership, because the computer could not locate an issue nothing was done they tried sending me on my way. They said they test dove it but could not duplicate the problem. I then insisted that another test drive with me in car. It started doing it right away at 35-40 mph. Took car back in shop found out computer connected to transmission was shorting out. One mech. Said he seen it one time before. I think that info should have been passed around to rest on mech to know about. I'm still driving the car having same issue waiting for a me computer to be delivered. They should have kept the car gave me a loaner. I come 25 miles one way to work I'm taking city streets to keep of freeway because I cannot keep the speed with traffic.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Dec 242014

Corolla 4-cyl

On December 24th 2014 I was driving my vehicle (2014 Toyota Corolla S) in (D) and was trying to slow down, because the driver in front of me brake. When I depressed my brake pedal the vehicle accelerated. I shifted into neutral and continued to brake and it eventually slowed me down. I shifted back into (D) and continued on my way, although shaken up. The road conditions were good, there was no rain or ice on the road that day. I checked my floor mats to see if they were sticking to the acceleration pedal when I got into the driveway, but I did not notice any such defect with the floor mats sticking to the pedal. A few weeks later driving to work on 01/20/2015 around the same speed on the same road conditions the vehicle gave me unwanted acceleration again while attempting to brake. I performed the same way I had previously, I entered into neutral and braked, except this time I came within inches of the vehicle forward of me. The next day on 01/21/2015 while driving to work the vehicle again performed the exact same malfunction as the previous day. On all days the road conditions were fine and should have not affected the vehicles performance. I decided to bring the vehicle to the dealership where I had leased the vehicle. I set up an appointment and had left it there 01/24/2015-01/26/2015. I received the vehicle back on 01/26/2015 and the master mechanic found no defects. I filed a complaint with the dealership and was told the service manager would contact me. After he had not for a few days, I decided to call him. I had gotten his voicemail and left a message. To date I have still not received a call back from the service manager. I have decided to take precautions and begin a vehicle safety complaint. I would like this matter resolved before myself or anyone else becomes injured or worse.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Jan 132015

Corolla 4-cyl

This is an enterprise rental vehicle which, for the second time, accelerated on its own. I was backing out of a parking space, gear in reverse and foot on the brake pedal but not applying the brake yet when the vehicle suddenly accelerated in reverse. I immediately applied the brake and the vehicle stopped after several feet. There was nothing behind the vehicle so nothing was damaged.

- Lewisberry, PA, USA

Jan 102015

Corolla

This is an enterprise rental vehicle which I had just picked up from enterprise in mechanicsburg, pa. As I was pulling into my garage the vehicle accelerated on its own. I had my foot on the brake pedal but had not yet pressed down on it to apply the brake. Suddenly, the vehicle accelerated and raced forward. I quickly applied the brakes and it stopped short of hitting items inside the garage.

- Lewisberry, PA, USA