2016 Toyota Corolla body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Toyota Corolla:

2016 Toyota Corolla Owner Comments

Dec 172016

Corolla

My husband and I were driving home from a concert at 10:30 pm on the 110 freeway in san pedro, ca when we heard a loud crash on the roof of the car. We hadn't just driven under an overpass. There was no debris behind us. No one was swerving out of the way to avoid anything. No one who drove passed us reacted at all. We could not figure out what had hit us and kept hearing glass moving around. At one point my husband opened the sunroof slightly and saw a gaping hole in the glass along with glass shards that started falling into the car. When we got home I looked up "exploding sun roofs" and found that spontaneous explosion was not uncommon and there is a class action suit forming and people reported their experiences to you. The car had been parked outside for about 2 1/2 hours. The temp was 49 degrees. This is southern California. No ice. No snow. Not that cold.

- El Segundo, CA, USA

Aug 262016

Corolla

I was making a left-hand turn on a two-lane highway. The individual behind me was not paying attention and did not stop. Instead of swerving to the right to miss me, she swerved into the oncoming traffic lane just as I was turning left. Her GMC 2500 heavy duty pick-up impacted my car at the driver door, front pillar, front fender.the impact pushed my car over 30 ft down the road before pushing my car approximately 20 ft off the road, up a slight hill. In this impact, no airbags deployed. The state trooper at the scene, the insurance company, and the tow truck driver are all stunned by this fact. In this accident my head hit the pillar next to my door causing me to be knocked unconscious, giving me a concussion and causing a head laceration requiring staples in my head. The tow truck driver said the cartridge in the seat belt assembly did not deploy and my collar bone was broken as well. My car was going about 5 miles per hour at the moment of impact. I was sitting in traffic prior to making the left-hand turn. In addition, I did have a progressive snap-shot installed in the car.

- Kunkletown, PA, USA