Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2010 Highlander's rear liftgate thinks it's open when it's closed and then once it's actually open, you might not be able to shut it again. Remember folks, if your liftgate is stuck open for more than 4 hours, consult your mechanic.

2010 Toyota Highlander accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Toyota Highlander:

2010 Toyota Highlander Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Apr 042013

Highlander 6-cyl

The other day I lowered the driver's side sun visor on my 2010 Toyota Highlander. When I tried to move the visor back to the up position I heard something pop or snap. As a result, the visor will no longer stay in the up position, unnecessarily obstructing my vision while driving. The service rep at the Toyota dealership told me the hinge was broken and that it will cost $300 (parts and labor) to replace the visor. When I checked the internet I learned that other people are reporting the same such problem.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Mar 102013

Highlander 6-cyl

The driver's side sun visor fell down while driving and now won't stay up. This almost caused an accident as my visibility was cut off. Now I am unable to drive unless I somehow prop it up. This car is less than 3 years old and seems to be a problem for many Highlanders. This is a serious safety issue.

- Cumberland , ME, USA

Feb 162013

Highlander 6-cyl

The driver side visor will not stay in position and falls down obstructing driver's view of the road. The vehicle is well maintained. Based on an internet search, this appears to be an issue with other Toyota as well.

- Valencia, CA, USA

Jan 302013

Highlander 6-cyl

Driver side sun visor spring seems to be defective and the sun visor keeps falling down (does not stay in up position) blocking the visibility of the road. I called the dealer to verify if this was a recall issue and I was told that it is a common issue but not enough for a recall. The cost of replacing is an absurd!!!

- Hackensack, NJ, USA

Jan 072013

Highlander 6-cyl

The spring in the visor no longer works it is falling down in the sightline of the driver. After looking on line this looks to be a common problem with Toyota.

- Weatherford, TX, USA

Jul 182012

Highlander 6-cyl

Drivers side sun visor drops down and will not stay in the up position obstructing my visibility.

- Middletown, DE, USA

Jan 022012

Highlander 4-cyl

When driving on freeway my visor was brought down and it hung well below its normal position. This obstructs my vision when driving. Also, the visor does not return to its normal position when not in use. It hangs below its normal position by about two inches.

- Tujunga , CA, USA