1. probably new or reconditioned motor (1 reports)
1995 Toyota RAV4 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1995 Toyota RAV4:

1995 Toyota RAV4 Owner Comments

Oct 172003

RAV4

I have had this vehicle serviced faithfully since day one. I originally bought it from a freind who had done the same. I am really suspicious of the person who has been doing the servicing, but no-one including Toyota will back me up. The people at Toyota told me that this can happen to any car!! What does this mean?? Don't they have the guts to stand behind their product or is this really a bad fault with the RAV4. In other words, after the car has done 200,000 kilometers the build up of sludge in the motor will not allow the oil to make its way into the cam shaft resulting in engine seizure and you have to go buy another engine or another car. Bad luck for me!!

- , McCrae, Victoria, Australia