- October 14: Toyota Recalls 1.7 Million Vehicles Worldwide
- October 7: Toyota Tacoma Rusted Frames Lawsuit Filed in Arkansas
- September 29: Toyota Recalls 690,000 Tacoma Trucks Over Rear Suspension Problems
- September 23: Complaints Grow About Toyota Unintended Acceleration Events at Slow Speeds
- September 18: Toyota Recalls Cars That Can Leak Gas and Catch Fire
CarComplaints.com Notes: If you're looking for a vehicle with one of the most complained about transmission on the road, look no further than the 2001-2003 Toyota RAV4.
In 2001 Toyota completely redesigned the popular SUV. While some enjoyed the new look, they did not enjoy the harsh shifting, jumping from gear-to-gear and eventual transmission failure that cost owners well over $3,000 to fix. The problem stems from a malfunctioning Electronic Control Module (ECM).
Consumer outrage coupled with pressure from different agencies led Toyota to extend the warranty nationwide back in 2010. The previous power train warranty only covered 5 years/60,000 miles, while the extended warranty now covers the transmission and ECM for 10 years/150,000 miles. Toyota also pledged to reimburse any owners who had previously paid for repairs, if they had "proper proof". Good luck collecting on that one.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 54,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)