- April 20: Wrongful Death Lawsuit Filed After Toyota Yaris Crash news | 13 days ago
- April 13: Toyota Recalls 2016 Avalon and Camry For Airbag Failures recalls | 20 days ago
- April 6: Toyota Recalls Nearly 17,000 Vehicles in Two Recalls recalls | 27 days ago
- March 29: Paying More For a Car Doesn't Mean Having Good Headlights news | 35 days ago
- March 3: Adding Car Options and Employee Overtime Cause Recalls news | 61 days ago
CarComplaints.com Notes: If you're looking for a vehicle with one of the most complained about transmission on the road, look no further than the 2001-2003 Toyota RAV4.
In 2001 Toyota completely redesigned the popular SUV. While some enjoyed the new look, they did not enjoy the harsh shifting, jumping from gear-to-gear and eventual transmission failure that cost owners well over $3,000 to fix. The problem stems from a malfunctioning Electronic Control Module (ECM).
Consumer outrage coupled with pressure from different agencies led Toyota to extend the warranty nationwide back in 2010. The previous power train warranty only covered 5 years/60,000 miles, while the extended warranty now covers the transmission and ECM for 10 years/150,000 miles. Toyota also pledged to reimburse any owners who had previously paid for repairs, if they had "proper proof". Good luck collecting on that one.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 54,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)