- July 19: Takata Has Been Lying (To Everyone) Since At Least 2000 news | 4 days ago
- June 28: Toyota Recalls Prius, Prius Plug-In Hybrid and Lexus CT 200h recalls | 25 days ago
- June 22: Toyota Sued After Carjacking and 4 Fatalities news | 31 days ago
- June 20: Southeast Toyota Distributors Recalls Weight Labels recalls | 33 days ago
- June 18: Toyota Sequoia 'VSC' Trac Light Problems Investigated investigations | 35 days ago
CarComplaints.com Notes: If you're looking for a vehicle with one of the most complained about transmission on the road, look no further than the 2001-2003 Toyota RAV4.
In 2001 Toyota completely redesigned the popular SUV. While some enjoyed the new look, they did not enjoy the harsh shifting, jumping from gear-to-gear and eventual transmission failure that cost owners well over $3,000 to fix. The problem stems from a malfunctioning Electronic Control Module (ECM).
Consumer outrage coupled with pressure from different agencies led Toyota to extend the warranty nationwide back in 2010. The previous power train warranty only covered 5 years/60,000 miles, while the extended warranty now covers the transmission and ECM for 10 years/150,000 miles. Toyota also pledged to reimburse any owners who had previously paid for repairs, if they had "proper proof". Good luck collecting on that one.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 54,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)