6.0

1. squib part needs to be replaced (1 reports)
2004 Toyota RAV4 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Toyota RAV4:

2004 Toyota RAV4 Owner Comments

Sep 092015

RAV4

AAAHH! After having experienced a car accident in another vehicle, safety in my vehicle is now my utmost priority. I love my Rav4 & definitely fell safe in it - until the recall for airbags went to the media in Sept.`15. At the very same time the red light indicator came on my dash - alerting there was something wrong. I assumed this indicator would go off once it was fitted with the new part when Toyota Nowra replaced the new air bag component. I was told the airbag indicator light was still on - that now the squib was faulty ....but not related and NOT covered by this recall, and I would have to pay for it!. I explained it must be related - the parts are definitely in conjunction with each other - and it could not possibly be "just coincidental" that the indicator came on at the same time - it was the very day the media announced the recall! I have been reading that the airbag recall is more complicated than expected and some things are not clear cut and explainable. I suggest that this part is related and I should not be liable for the cost of replacement. Please reply ASAP....

'