2.2

2006 Toyota RAV4 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Toyota RAV4:

2006 Toyota RAV4 Owner Comments

Sep 202016

RAV4

Slowing down at an intersection and brakes start to fail when I'm almost fully stopped and then the car continues to move forward when going less than 5mph

- Toronto, NY, USA

Aug 012012

RAV4

When placed in reverse gear car bolts or jumps. Loud noise. Either reverse gear or transmission is faulty. Has gotten worse over the years.

- Nampa, ID, USA

Apr 012011

RAV4

My 2006 Toyota Rav4 limited edition, I heard a clunking noise coming from the front steering column each time I turned the wheel right or left. The noise occurs only when you turn the steering and it is a clunking noise along with a vibration in the steering when you turn the wheel. This has been an ongoing problem and when I brought it up with the Toyota dealership the attendant said that it wasn't an issue. The problem isn't going away and the noise and clunky feeling when turning steering has been increasing. The problem started when the car was about 40K miles (out of warranty @ 36K). Few mechanics from other places looked at it and said it need to be fixed asap. I read blogs and noticed many of these vehicle have similar issues. I hope Toyota wonżżT wait until an accident happen because of the problem.

- Chantilly, VA, USA

Sep 132006

RAV4

Soon after I purchased my 2006 Toyota Rav4 limited edition, I heard a clunking noise coming from the front steering column each time I turned the wheel right or left. The noise occurs only when you turn the steering and it is a clunking noise along with a vibration in the steering when you turn the wheel. This has been an ongoing problem and when I brought it up with the Toyota dealership the attendant said that it wasn't an issue. The problem isn't going away and the noise and clunky feeling when turning steering has been increasing. 3 mechanics from non-Toyota dealerships looked at my car on three separate occasions and documented the noise as a defect in the car that needs to be fixed. One mechanic told me that I could lose control of steering if I do not fix the problem. I recently took my car into my tire dealer for a tire rotation and the mechanic noticed the problem right away and said that I need to get it fixed asap. This has been a problem since I bought the car and is obviously a recall situation that Toyota has yet to take responsibility for. Please advise.

- Valley Village, CA, USA

Aug 052009

RAV4

My sunvisor would not stay up. The problem got worse. While I'm driving if I hit a bump it falls into my veiw.

- Harrison, NJ, USA

Oct 132012

RAV4

My truck has had 4 incidents of dangerously low oil levels. Toyota has service bulletins out regarding oil consumption and my model of the 2006 Toyota Rav4 regarding faulty pistons and rings. I have brought my truck to Toyota 4 times for this issue and Toyota refuses to fix the problem under my warranty stating that I am out of warranty even though my first complaint was 10/13/13 and my warranty expired Jan 2013 T-sb-0094-11 is the Toyota service bulletin.

- New Windsor , NY, USA

Feb 012010

RAV4

Rav 4 year 2006 has had a number of jumping to 500 RPM while at idle or slowing down. The car has been to dealer four times without and they could not fix the problem.

- Richboro, PA, USA