2007 Toyota RAV4 accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota RAV4:

2007 Toyota RAV4 Owner Comments

Jun 062015

Driver's side sun visor will not stay in closed position at any time. It is hanging down about 45 degrees from the roof headliner, partially blocking the driver's view and presenting an obvious safety hazard. In addition, an injury hazard exists in the event of a front end crash, since the driver's head will impact the sun visor first. There have been numerous other reports of this design flaw.

- Mount Sinai, NY, USA

Nov 252015

Driver side sun visor will drop down intermittently, during driving, obscuring driver view of the road.

- Camp Hill, PA, USA

Oct 132015

Visor on the driver side starting falling down and will not stay put at about 14000 miles when you are driving it will fall half way down to replace will be over 150.00

- Midlothian, VA, USA

Aug 312015

The sun visor lost the ability to shade the sun causing a very unsafe condition when driving into the sun. This is a common problem on this model.

- Centerville, UT, USA

Jun 032013

The driver side sun visor continuously falls down blocking the drivers view out the front window. O one instance aas I was driving at 60 plus miles per hour at freeway speeds and my vision was blocked as I was trying to change lanes while turrning my head at the same time holding up the visor and trying to look behind to be sure the lanes were clear to safely change lanes. This has almost caused a serious accident on the freeway on many occasions!. in addition, the passenger side visor also falls fown ( I am the sole owner of this car and very seldom even have passengers so the passenger side visor is not even used very often. This is a critical safety issue and a major design flaw that makes it unsafe to drive! I believe this is a serious safety issue as it's only a matter of time before it causes a serious accident. Toyota should fix this faulty design!

- El Dorado Hills, CA, USA

May 172015

Drivers side sun visor will not stay in position, dropped down and blocked view of on coming traffic

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Mar 032014

RAV4 4-cyl

The drivers side visor does not stay first it was slightly loose around 50K miles and then 70K the visor no longer stays up at all. I have actually hit my head on it a couple of times and it obscures my vision. I cannot believe this has not been recalled. Now I have to pay $100 to buy a completely new one. This is just an accident and a lawsuit waiting to happen. It looks to be a problem for a lot of Toyota. My fiance cant even drive it right now because he is taller than I am and cannot see out of it properly. Please recall this so it doesnt cause a tragedy at some point.

- Olympia, WA, USA

Jan 012014

RAV4 4-cyl

The sun visor is badly designed and does not stay up. Affects both driver and passenger side visors. For a tall driver like myself this is a security risk since it limits outwards visibility. The view of traffic light and road signs mounted high is impeded. The loose and flapping visor in line of sight also constitute a distraction which is in itself a hazard.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Dec 262014

RAV4 6-cyl

The driver's side sun visor hangs down blocking the driver's view. There is no adjustment. Pat lobb's Toyota of mckinney reports that while it may be a safety hazard, there is no recall. Their solution is to buy new visors. There is no adjustment to tighten it myself. It is unsafe and $250 for new visors. From reports on the web, many people are having the same issue creating an unsafe vehicle.

- Frisco, TX, USA

Jan 212013

RAV4 4-cyl

I own a 2007 Toyota Rav4 4 wd. I was checking recalls and decided to read complaints.. I was amazed to find out about the drivers side visor. That doesn't stay up.. we have this same problem. I don't know when this happened, but within this past year or so. It will not stay up. It is a safety issue, I am short so its down, but, my husband who is tall creates a problem with him. I thought it was kind of funny that, it was just our car, that maybe my husband had done something, when he moved it.. until I read all the complaints about the same thing. Than when we took the car for our regular maintenance, to the Toyota dealer, he said it would cost $125 dollars to fix it., he said it was a mechanism inside the arm holder. My husband declined at that time. Now after reading the complaints, I now know it wasn't' just our car. I believe Toyota knows this and because it is a hazard they should fix it. Its ironic that the 2007 rav have this same problem. Pleaser have them fix it. Thank-you

- Sanford, ME, USA

Oct 012014

RAV4 6-cyl

The visor on the drivers side does not stay up and comes down during driving and creates a safety hazard where it blocks our view when driving. There are several complaints on the internet of this issue with several Toyota models (Rav4, highlander etc.), yet Toyota has 'not' issued a recall on this serious defect and safety issue! I have already had to take my Toyota in for 4-5 recalls on other issues since I bought the car in 2007! Toyota needs to address this visor issue immediately!

- Irvine, CA, USA

Aug 012014

RAV4 4-cyl

The driver's side sun visor no longer stays in place when stowed and instead droops down at approximately a 40 degree angle. This impairs driver's visibility as it falls squarely within the driver's field of vision. It also becomes a distraction in that the driver is constantly pushing the visor back into place, to no effect. The problem is impaired visibility due to a failing part. This is a well documented issue for Toyota and yet Toyota refuses to correct this obvious safety issue.

- Monument, CO, USA

Jun 022014

Driver's side sun visor failure to work properly causing a safety issue and possible bodily injury or death. The sun visor is not staying in the stowed position which is flat against the interior roof of the car due to a known failed mechanism within the sun visor such as the spring loaded mechanism which is failing. Instead, the sun visor is dropping down at a 45 degree angle. This has caused my head to hit it several times while entering the vehicle. And, if involved in a head on collision, this could cause the sun visor to slice through my neck because it is at a 45 degree angle going across my neck since it will not stay up due to the failed spring mechanism within the sun visor. After research of my own, I have found and been told by reliable sources in the Toyota industry that this is a known problem and that I am not the only one having this problem with the failure of the driver's side sun visor and possibly the passenger side as well over time. I have been told by a Toyota representative at Toyota headquarters that this part is only covered by a 3 1/2 year warranty instead of the same warranty as the car. This tells me that Toyota may know that this part will fail over time. All other vehicles I have owned with manual sun visors have never failed for the life of the car since they do not have internal parts like the Toyota model has. I have been told by my local Toyota dealership that I have to pay about $85 to have it replaced when this is a safety issue and it should not fail. It's not a moving part within the engine.

- Portsmouth, NH, USA

Sep 152014

2007 Toyota Rav4 sun visors will not stay up, which restricts visibility. At first, the passenger visor started to hand down, about an inch from the roof. Eventually, both the passenger and driver side visors remain in the down position. The visor completely restricts visibility and apparently, has been a safety issue with Toyota for years. 15 Sep 2014, I took my Rav4 in for recall work and asked them to fix the visors. I was told the next day, that it would cost 240 dollars to replace both visors. I talked with the service manager at the dealership, and basically stated, that Toyota was responsible and they would have to approve the replacement. Called Toyota 800-331-4331 and talked with customer concerns. She told me that this is a warranty issue and that my 36K mile warranty has already passed. I told her that this was a safety and design flaw that presents a hazard to anyone who drives the vehicle. Customer concerns stated that since there were no recalls on this matter, that there was nothing that Toyota would do. Since being told that Toyota does not consider this a safety issue, I have researched several consumer blogs, Toyota owners, and have seen several blogs/complaints concerning Toyota Camry's, Rav4's, highlander's and Tundra's, all having the same sun visor safety issues. Many have replaced their visor's two and three times. Most blogs discuss remedies to fix, only finding the matter a pain and safety issue no one wants to remedy. Owners of these vehicles should be able to adjust the visors so that they can be safely adjusted to safely stay up and out of the way when not in use. I don?T think we should wait for numerous accidents or injuries and death to take responsibility for the safety design flaw and serious safety complications!

- Windcrest, TX, USA

Jun 012013

Drivers side window visor loose and does not stay in position. Falls down into drivers view obstructing vision and distracting driver.

- Irvine, CA, USA

Jun 252013

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Rav4. The contact received three recall notices in the mail several months ago and stated the dealer did not have the parts for the repair. The manufacturer was not notified. The VIN was not available. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Omaha, NE, USA

Jun 012012

In my vehicle, the drivers side sun visor has loosened so that it will not stay up out of the way next to the roof of the car. It drifts down into my line of sight and hinders my vision. When I pull it down to use, it also will not stay up against the windshield. So it's nearly always in my way. And it can't be adjusted by me. It has to be repaired at the dealership. For a large cost.

- Tyler, TX, USA

Dec 242012

RAV4 4-cyl

The visor on the driver side continually drops into the vision of the driver.

- Mullica Hill, NJ, USA

Jan 052012

My wife and I have a 2007 Toyota rav 4. the drivers side sun visor keeps falling down on its own while we are driving. It will no longer stay up at all. This is extremely dangerous while driving as it blocks visibility to the road, and also provides a possible head injury for getting in and out of the vehicle. Not only will Toyota not recognize this very common (recall worthy) problem, but our bumper to bumper warranty that we paid almost $2000 extra dollars for doesn't seem to cover this either. Toyota quoted us just under $200 to fix the visor. The warranty issue is one problem but more importantly Toyota should take responsibility for manufacturing a part that creates a safety hazard. Is it going to take car accidents and the loss of lives for this to be recognized?

- Lincoln, RI, USA

Apr 022012

RAV4 4-cyl

The driver's side sunshade no longer functions properly in my 2007 Toyota rav-4. the shade does not stay up flat against the roof of the car, nor will it remain in place when pushed forward against the windshield, instead, it just hangs somewhere in between, getting in the driver's face and posing a serious visibility problem. It won't even stay in place to block the sun properly - the purpose it was designed for. Also, whenever getting into or out of the vehicle, the driver needs to be careful to avoid having the sunshade hit him in the face or head. I am especially worried about having the "knife edge" of the shade hanging at eye level in the event of an accident. It will almost certainly cause injury to the driver. These sunshades were very poorly designed. After doing some research on the internet, I am finding that this is a relatively common problem in several Toyota vehicles from the early to mid 2000's. in all of the cars I have ever owned (a few of which unfortunately turned out to truly awful and unreliable cars), and in all of the other cars I have ever driven, I have never seen another vehicle with this dangerous and annoying problem.

- Auburn, NY, USA