2007 Toyota RAV4 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota RAV4:

2007 Toyota RAV4 Owner Comments

Dec 042006

I am experiencing a consistent problem with my 2007 Toyota Rav4 with a lag in acceleration. The time I noticed it the most is when slowing down to about 10 mph to make a turn, as I come out of the turn and press the accelerator, the car does nothing for a couple of seconds. Then the engine revs up and finally lurches forward. After taking it in to the dealership twice and being told that this is how "drive-by-wire" acceleration is designed even though I've told them that I see it as a safety issue, I am not optimistic that this problem will be resolved. I started noticing this problem just a couple of days after purchasing my vehicle.

- Gum Spring, VA, USA

Jul 232007

RAV4 4-cyl

I have a brand new 2007 Rav4 base 4cyl (6000 miles on it) with the cruse on, going 60 - 65 mph, up hill it will start shifting in and out of gears, bucking and jumping.

- Grovetown, GA, USA