2010 Toyota RAV4 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Toyota RAV4:

2010 Toyota RAV4 Owner Comments

Mar 182010

RAV4

I was leaving my home in my 2010 Toyota Rav4. I put the car in reverse and it instantly began to accelerate at a very high speed. I immediately pressed down on the brakes as hard as I could. However nothing occurred the car continued to reverse rapidly. I shifted into neutral but it was a small space and by then I was near the stone fixture which the vehicle hit. The fixture which was solid stone was in the ground, it was uprooted by the vehicle. In order for an object like this to be uprooted a great deal of speed would need to be involved. My driveway is on an incline and I never press on the gas pedal while reversing as the vehicle will reverse on its own due to the inclination.

- North Haledon, NJ, USA