2015 Toyota RAV4 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Toyota RAV4:

2015 Toyota RAV4 Owner Comments

Jul 022016

The contact owns a 2015 Toyota Rav4. While merging into the right lane, the vehicle independently veered left and accelerated when the brake pedal was depressed. The driver drove off the road and the vehicle rolled twice down a short incline. Both the driver and passenger air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The driver and front passenger sustained bruises and scratches to their elbows. The rear passenger suffered a concussion, which required medical attention. The vehicle was destroyed and towed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 20,000.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Apr 162016

The contact owns a 2015 Toyota Rav4. The contact stated that while driving at 10 mph down an incline, the brake pedal was depressed but the vehicle failed to stop. As a result of the failure, the contact crashed into a wall and the air bags failed to deploy. The contact mentioned that the failure had recurred twice. A police report was filed. The driver sustained back and neck injuries that required medical assistance. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 6,000.

- Gaithersburg, MD, USA

Mar 052016

The car was being driven in philadelphia at a low speed when the engine caught fire. The fire quickly was out of control and destroyed most of the car, including the engine, dashboard, front seats, windshield, windows, front tires which exploded, and airbags.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Dec 172015

The contact owns a 2015 Toyota Rav4. While entering an on-ramp, the contact's vehicle unexpectedly accelerated and crashed into another vehicle. The air bags did not deploy. A police report was filed. There were no injuries sustained. The contact drove the vehicle to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the driver side fender and panel needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN and failure mileage were unknown.

- Naples, FL, USA

May 262015

I called my local Toyota dealer about the Toyota air bag recall(takata) they provided my with a rental vehicle and suggested that I call the Toyota customer assistance. When I called the Toyota customer assistance my vehicle was not registered to my name as it was still in the previous owner's name according to their data base. This is my concern. I had to tell Toyota corporation the type and year of vehicle that I had as well as the VIN number and she "updated" the data base. My concern is for the other people that drive Toyota vehicles that are part of this recall but are not in their data base. We purchased this vehicle over 1 year ago and it should be in their data base. I did not receive a letter from the Toyota corporation about the air bag as I read the paper and followed what the NHTSA said for owners of the recalled vehicles to do. If I would have not called Toyota they would not have had my information on my car to send me a recall safety notice. I am concerned for the other owners of vehicles recalled by Toyota that are not updated in their data base with the new owner's information. I purchased this car from a premier Toyota in amherst, Ohio. I am not sure how these data bases are updated, if Ohio sends the license information to Toyota or individual car companies send in the information on the updates. It is an issue I think needs to be addressed.

- Amherst, OH, USA