8.6

2016 Toyota RAV4 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Toyota RAV4:

2016 Toyota RAV4 Owner Comments

Aug 282016

RAV4

Toyota pre-collision system (pcs) on 2016 Rav4. I never get any kind of warning, even when cars cut me off at highway speeds, I approach a car from behind at speed (I cannot get too risky here), etc. Other pcs systems on friends cars (non Toyota) have some warnings, even false ones a bit. I asked my dealer to check it was working, they had no procedures to test it other than obdii for sensors out. Seems like the promised and iihs tests indicated that this pcs system worked to stop the car. On line searches I cannot find anyone who has seen their system working or alarms. The Toyota video indicates warnings seem to occur at 7-10 car lengths - I have been cut off on highway at less than one car length with no warnings. Ron korody 519-304-8898 res.

- Brantford, NY, USA

Jul 042016

RAV4

The mirrors have a small 'blind spot' mirror that is poorly located. To have the mirror positioned to see the neighboring lanes the main mirror shows almost 1/2 of it's area of the vehicle. To position the main mirror to properly show the area near and behind the vehicle the blind spot mirrors show an area that is irrelevant.

- Tampa, FL, USA