2007 Toyota Yaris seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Yaris:

2007 Toyota Yaris Owner Comments (Page 2 of 4)

Jun 252014

TL-the contact owns a 2007 Toyota Yaris. The contact stated that the air bag warning illuminated continuously. The failure recurred. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign id number: 14V168000 (air bags) and stated that the parts was unavailable to perform the repairs. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 96,000.

- Laurinburg, NC, USA

Jun 182014

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Yaris. The contact received recall notifications for NHTSA campaign number: 14V168000 (air bags) and NHTSA campaign number: 14V169000 (seats). The contact stated that the part was not available. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer was also notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Alhambra, CA, USA

Nov 222013

The contact owned a 2007 Toyota Yaris. While driving approximately 30 mph, the brakes failed and the steering locked. As a result, the contact crashed the vehicle into the rear of the preceding vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained burns on the chest, a cut on the lip, and a bruised right arm and leg. Medical attention was received. A police report was filed and the vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was notified. The vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V169000 (seats). The approximate failure mileage was 100,000.

- South Windsor, CT, USA

Feb 032014

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Yaris. The contact stated that the air bag sensor remained illuminated. The contact was informed of NHTSA campaign number: 14V168000 (air bags). The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000.

- Schiller Bark, IL, USA

Jul 282014

• 1,400,000 miles
The air bag lights keep steady on, never turn off.

- Puyallup, WA, USA

Jun 252014

Yaris 4-cyl

The airbag light is stays on and I received a interim recall notice in mail for spiral cable. I took it to the dealership for inspection and they said clock spring is causing the airbag light to stay on. I do not believe them. Both the clock spring and the spiral cable are behind the steering wheel. Now they want $500 to fix. I believe the dealership is avoiding to fix the recall replacement.

- Richmond, VA, USA

Jun 022014

Yaris 4-cyl

2007 Toyota Yaris. Consumer writes in regards to parts not being available to complete recall.

- Apple Valley, CA, USA

Jun 102014

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notifications for NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V169000 (seats) and 14V168000 (air bags). The contact stated that he was concerned since he believed his life was at risk when driving the vehicle. The dealer was contacted who did not offer any immediate assistance. The manufacturer was made aware of the problem.

- Trujillo Alto, PR, USA

Feb 102014

Yaris 4-cyl

The air bag alert bag comes on solid. There has been a national recall on this since April. I have contacted my dealer and they have stated that the company (Toyota) has not decided what parts need to be replaced. Since this is a safety recall (since April) I feel that the safety of myself and my family are in jeopardy. As the natl.hwy traffic safety admin, I feel you should be able to enforce the recall and make Toyota take care of their customers.

- Christiansted, VI, USA

Mar 142014

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Yaris. The contact stated that while entering a parking space, the vehicle suddenly experienced unintended acceleration and crashed into a brick wall. The he air bags did not deploy. The contact suffered a neck injury during the incident. A police report was not filed. The failure was not diagnosed. The manufacturer was notified and no solution was offered. The failure mileage was 80,000.

- Oakland, CA, USA

Dec 032013

Yaris 4-cyl

I purchased my Yaris new in 2007. It now has 107,000 miles on it and the airbag warning light has come on. Dealer is telling me the spiral cable for airbag is shorted and needs repair - which will be about $500+ to fix, to ensure deployment if needed. Looking online I see other Yaris owners with this issue, and other Toyota vehicles with this same issue, and some recalls. I am very concerned as this is a safety issue and I feel a defect in engineering that should have a recall for Yaris also. Toyota responded with an offer to pay $200 to assist in getting it repaired or a special offer to buy another Toyota new - I took neither option believing this should be a recall for free repair, not cost me $300 plus.

- Gilbert, AZ, USA

Dec 052013

Yaris 4-cyl

Airbag warning light. Diagnostic code 51 suggests spiral cable problem.

- Houston, TX, USA

Dec 162013

Yaris 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Yaris. The contact stated that the air bag warning lamp illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, who diagnosed that the air bag clock spring needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired.. the failure and current mileage was 80,000. Updated 2/11/14

- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA

Jan 102013

Yaris 4-cyl

The light on the air bag is on and it wont turn off. Toyota advise me that it may be a spiral cable and that my air bag might not deploy in a case of an accident.

- Yuma, AZ, USA

Aug 262013

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Yaris. The contact stated while the vehicle was being inspected he was informed that the air bag failed. The vehicle was being repaired. The manufacturer was not contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 100,017.

- West Chester, OH, USA

Jul 102012

Yaris 4-cyl

The airbag light has been lit since last year on my Yaris. The dealer says it is the clock spring in the steering wheel and is out of warranty so they are not responsible. I see many complaints on the same item. I count over 25 complaints. The 2007 Toyota Tacoma had less complaints for the same problem and there has been a recall on it. What does it take to make my car safe?

- Beaumont, CA, USA

May 152013

Yaris 4-cyl

Seat belt light came "on" while seat belt was fastened. Mechanic told me today that the diagnostic code told him that the clockspring assembly needed to be replaced - and unless I spent $489+ to fix it that neither the airbag nor seat belts would work - so it was mandatory to fix it!! the consumer stated the mechanic discovered broken wires in the clockspring assembly. The consumer stated he suffered a financial loss of almost $500 for the repair.

- Omaha, NE, USA

Jun 042010

Air bag light on, Toyota says out of warranty. My car is not an isolated issue, as there are many complaints of the same thing. If the bags won't deploy in an accident, isn't this a safety issue? I think there should be a recall.

- Kenosha, WI, USA

Mar 252013

Yaris 4-cyl

Last week the airbag safety light came on in my 2007 Yaris. According to my mechanic it can be one of four safety issues on the vehicle. Based on the code that came up on the inspection. Since the car is not under warranty this repair would be charged to me. This is clearly a safety issue and or faulty parts and should be a safety recall and not be ignored by Toyota. Corporate Toyota will only tell me my car is out of warranty and the airbag is only under warranty for 5 years or 60,000 miles. Airbags and seatbelts and faulty parts should be a lifetime warranty on the car. This issue should be under a recall. I'm told the seatbelts and airbags will most likely not work properly as this safety light is on. My mechanic has no idea of the cost of the repair because it can be one of four things including a clock spring in the steering column. Again this is a safety issue and in no way could be impacted by my driving or how the car is maintained. What needs to happen for Toyota to create a recall on this issue. How many people need to die or be injured" how do we go about getting this looked at and a recall issued"

- San Juan Capistrano, CA, USA

Feb 252013

Yaris 4-cyl

I was driving home from work and I noticed the light came on for my airbag. I checked the manual and it said to bring it in to the service center immediately. I called and made an appointment and I was told the spiral cable was bad. I noticed other people have the same problem so I think this is a part that should be recalled.

- Downey, CA, USA