2008 Toyota Yaris seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Toyota Yaris:

2008 Toyota Yaris Owner Comments (Page 2 of 4)

Aug 172016

Yaris

Takata recall: Fortunately nothing serious has happened, other than the fact that the recall notice indicates I should not have a passenger in the front passenger seat as it might end in injury or death. It has been over a month since I received this notice and Toyota has yet to offer a fix for my vehicle. This has become very difficult in both personal and business as I use my car to carry enough passengers to require an individual to be in the front seat. The only response I get from Toyota is that I need to wait and worse, they cannot give me any kind of date. They are putting me in the position that I may need to purchase another vehicle but then I will not be able to sell mine with a known recall that has no status on when it will be fixed. Toyota has put me into a financial bind that may require I take a risk with an individual in the front passenger seat which in turn could cause injury or death. It's as if they are okay with dealing with a few deaths rather than spending the money to fix the issue.

- Stilwell, KS, USA

Jul 152015

Yaris 4-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the parts for the recall repair were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available....updated 09/12/16 updated 09/20/16.

- Galveston, IN, USA

Jul 182016

Yaris

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the remedy was not yet available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect. The VIN was not available.

- Chino Valley, AZ, USA

Mar 232016

Yaris

The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Reseda, CA, USA

Jul 182016

Yaris

Takata recall. I received a notification in regards to the takata recall. On the notification it says that until a solution becomes available that I should not operate my vehicle with an occupant in the front passenger seat. I have a family of 5 and this is my only car. I cannot be expected to not drive or rent a car to protect my family and want the issue with the air bag to be resolved immediately.

- Burbank, CA, USA

Jul 122016

Yaris

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the parts for the repair were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Homewood, IL, USA

Jul 112016

Yaris

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). However, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts unavailable. Updated 08/31/16

- Matteson, IL, USA

May 232016

Yaris

The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Columbia, SC, USA

Dec 072015

Yaris

The air bag light stay on / ac knob not working.

- Lenexa, KS, USA

Nov 192015

Yaris

The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact stated that after the vehicle was serviced under a manufacturers recall for the air bags twice, the air bag warning light remained illuminated. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 64,000.

- Antrim, NH, USA

Oct 092015

Yaris

The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. While driving 10 mph, the steering wheel seized without warning and caused the contact to crash into another vehicle. The failure recurred several times. The contact stated that the air bags failed to deploy. There were no injuries and a police report was not filed. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was not available.

- Duluth, GA, USA

Jun 052015

Yaris

The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact stated that the air bag indicator remained illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the air bag traction cable needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 72,672. Updated 02/10/16

- San Juan, PR, USA

Apr 092014

Yaris

The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V168000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Julian, CA, USA

Jan 202015

Yaris 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact called the dealer more than three months ago and they placed the contact on a waiting list, but did not specify what number the contact was placed on the list. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V169000 (seats) and 14V168000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repairs. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer was contacted and could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. MA 08/14/15 the consumer stated the vehicle was repaired. Updated 09/03/15

- Fort Myers, FL, USA

May 102015

Yaris

The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. While driving approximately 20 mph, the contact crashed into the rear of another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact mentioned that the vehicle was previously repaired under NHTSA campaign number: 14V168000 (air bags). The contact sustained injuries to the shoulder that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to a body shop, but was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 127,000.

- Marion, SC, USA

May 162015

Yaris

When I tried to roll the window down, by clicking on the button, there was a small fire that caused smoke inside the car. I would also like to verify my breaks and airbags. I would like to make an appointment to bring my car in either Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Apr 012014

Yaris

The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact stated that while driving 50 mph, a deer jumped out and crashed into the front end of the vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact did not sustain any injuries. A police report was not filed. The vehicle was repaired. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V168000 (air bags). The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000.

- Liberty, TN, USA

Mar 022015

Yaris

I was driving southbound on 127 in glencoe Kentucky and a deer ran out in front of me almost totaling my whole driver side of my car my air bag never deployed it was a hard hit I could have been hurt if I wasn't wearing my seat belt just getting whiplash. My headlight fender my front number my grille both of my doors and my mirror have to be replaced if possible I want to talk to someone I seen on here that my car has 2 open recalls in my car and I want them fixed as soon as my car gets done being fixed from the shop. I am very unhappy with this car I'm lucky my 2 year old wasn't hurt.

- Glencoe, KY, USA

Feb 022015

Yaris

The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V168000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Wyandotte, OK, USA

Sep 262014

Yaris

My fiance was in a nasty traffic accident. She was rear ended while stopped at a traffic light in her 2008 Toyota Yaris by a vehicle traveling at around 40-50mph. On impact she stated the seatbelt on the driver's side locked, then unlocked giving more slack as she projected forward, then gained momentum back into the drivers seat (now seated) when the belt locked again with remaining movement. The airbags did not deploy anywhere in the vehicle and the entire trunk was almost pushed into the back seat. Furthermore, her mother was in the passenger seat and recalled something similar occurring in the passenger seat as well. Needless to say, the vehicle was declared totaled by the insurance company.

- Tolleson, AZ, USA