2008 Toyota Yaris seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Toyota Yaris:

2008 Toyota Yaris Owner Comments (Page 2 of 4)

Jun 092016

Yaris

Takata recall. There is an airbag recall that affects my Yaris. The deployment of the passenger airbag can send hot metal along with the airbag during deployment. Toyota recommends that no one sit in the passenger seat until the airbag is replaced. The recall came out in early June for my Yaris, yet by early October there is no solution to the problem. I also have a corolla that had the same airbag issue, but the faulty airbag was replaced several months ago. I don't know why there is no solution for the Yaris at this time and it is causing me hardship because I can't have a passenger sit in the front right seat. My Toyota dealer said that there is no anticipated replacement date for the airbag, so the issues I have will continue for at least the near future. I am very frustrated with the response by Toyota on this issue and would like to have my Yaris fixed so I can use the front passenger seat.

- West River, MD, USA

Jun 132016

Yaris

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). The dealer was unable to determine when the parts would be supplied from the manufacturer and only indicated that this was the interim notice the contact received. The contact was told months ago that she would need to wait to receive the second notice to the determine when the parts would be available, which could be months or potentially a year. The contact was unable to determine when the vehicle would be repaired. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Culver, IN, USA

May 312016

Yaris

I been sent a safety recall on my car. We are in the red zone, I don't have another car. I have not been given information on what to do or who to call on what to do if I have no other way to get around.

- Gregory, TX, USA

Jul 012016

- Kansas City, KY, USA

May 312016

Yaris

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). The parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available and the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Inglewood, CA, USA

Mar 012016

Yaris

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V169000 (air bags) and 16V340000 (air bags). The part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair for longer than six months. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Lexington, MS, USA

Sep 012008

Yaris

This is rediculous to wait this many years for a fix to these dangers. I demand you force Toyota to get a different manufacturer fix for these air bags. I expect a response in 10 business days to email cookten@netzero.net

- Winter Park, FL, USA

Aug 032016

Yaris

Takata inflators. I was notified by Toyota about the recall over a month ago. According to the recall I am in high risk zone because I live in South Florida. I have yet to hear from them about getting a replacement. This is very scary and wrong. My kids are always in the passenger seat when I drive them places and are in mortal danger. When are these recalls going to be remedied" is there a time limit" I shouldn't be expected to put my passengers in danger everytime I drive.

- Hollywood, FL, USA

May 232016

Yaris

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 11/17/16

- Independence, OH, USA

Jul 152016

Yaris 4-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). However, the part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 10/18/16 updated 10/31/16.

- Torrance, CA, USA

Aug 172016

Yaris

Takata recall: Fortunately nothing serious has happened, other than the fact that the recall notice indicates I should not have a passenger in the front passenger seat as it might end in injury or death. It has been over a month since I received this notice and Toyota has yet to offer a fix for my vehicle. This has become very difficult in both personal and business as I use my car to carry enough passengers to require an individual to be in the front seat. The only response I get from Toyota is that I need to wait and worse, they cannot give me any kind of date. They are putting me in the position that I may need to purchase another vehicle but then I will not be able to sell mine with a known recall that has no status on when it will be fixed. Toyota has put me into a financial bind that may require I take a risk with an individual in the front passenger seat which in turn could cause injury or death. It's as if they are okay with dealing with a few deaths rather than spending the money to fix the issue.

- Stilwell, KS, USA

Jul 152015

Yaris 4-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the parts for the recall repair were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available....updated 09/12/16 updated 09/20/16.

- Galveston, IN, USA

Jul 182016

Yaris

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the remedy was not yet available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect. The VIN was not available.

- Chino Valley, AZ, USA

Mar 232016

Yaris

The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Reseda, CA, USA

Jul 182016

Yaris

Takata recall. I received a notification in regards to the takata recall. On the notification it says that until a solution becomes available that I should not operate my vehicle with an occupant in the front passenger seat. I have a family of 5 and this is my only car. I cannot be expected to not drive or rent a car to protect my family and want the issue with the air bag to be resolved immediately.

- Burbank, CA, USA

Jul 122016

Yaris

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the parts for the repair were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Homewood, IL, USA

Jul 112016

Yaris

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). However, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts unavailable. Updated 08/31/16

- Matteson, IL, USA

May 232016

Yaris

The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Columbia, SC, USA

Dec 072015

Yaris

The air bag light stay on / ac knob not working.

- Lenexa, KS, USA

Nov 192015

Yaris

The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact stated that after the vehicle was serviced under a manufacturers recall for the air bags twice, the air bag warning light remained illuminated. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 64,000.

- Antrim, NH, USA