2002 Volkswagen Passat drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Volkswagen Passat:

2002 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

Oct 072002

Passat 4-cyl

My 2002 Passat has had the turbo replaced twice, the comfort control module replaced twice, and numerous other recalls. Thursday, 10/7/04 my car was at the dealer to replace the comfort control module for the second time. I drove home (8 miles, low speed). The next morning while driving to a meeting I noticed a strong petroleum smell, I thought it was the truck ahead of me. Sunday 10/10/04 I noticed spots on the side of my car, and after crawling under it I noticed that my cv joint boot had split. This is after 67000 miles. I feel that this is very premature and think that VW should absorb the cost for repair. I am currently fighting with VW for this correction.

- Elkridge, MD, USA