5.7

2002 Volkswagen Passat suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Volkswagen Passat:

2002 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

Dec 222002

Passat 4-cyl

I had problems with the faulty ignition coil two times and the second time, they replaced all the coils. Here in Texas, when the temperature goes down below 28 F ( which is very rare) I am afraid.I can be stuck in the road. Hope the coil problem wont happen again. I also have problem with the brakes. Its making creaking sounds with the parking brake / hand brake. The technition told me that its natural..I cant beleive that. I gues I have to spend lot of money in near future to replace all those brake parts. Also the metal beeding on the roof is coming up. It is not causing any problem, but I have to push it hard almost everyday. I guess VW never tested the car for long time. So far I found so many complaints about Passat. Hope they will improve it.

- Dallas, TX, USA