2012 Audi A6 fuel system NHTSA complaints: Fuel/Propulsion System

NHTSA — Fuel/Propulsion System Problems

2.8

2012 Audi A6 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Audi A6:

2012 Audi A6 Owner Comments

Nov 152018

A6

Upon starting my vehicle I noticed extended cranking. Upon driving the vehicle I noticed a fuel odor, initially I thought it was the older vehicle driving in front of me. After driving approximately 4 miles I realized it was my vehicle. I then drove my vehicle back to my house, and had it towed to Audi of albany due to recalls that were open. Upon inspection they performed recalls, but informed me the recall for the engine fuel rails was performed June 2015. They then told me they needed to charge labor to inspect the issue, to which point I told them I am an ase master mechanic, and I will figure the issue out myself. I then had the vehicle towed to my garage, where I took it apart following the recall provided on your website. Upon inspection I verified that the injector supports (P/N 06D133036K) listed in the recall (code 24ap) were never replaced. The injector supports I removed from my vehicle are (P/N 06D133036H). Audi has had my vehicle now from 21nov2018 until the present. They will not verify that those parts were supposed to be replaced during the recall, and also if any other parts were never replaced. They have contacted me and told me my fuel injector failed causing the fuel leak, and everything will be covered. I believe my injector failed (if that is the truth) due to the non replaced injector supports. The incorrect geometry over time would cause stress on the injector, and for it to crack. I also question if any seals were truthfully replaced, or if the recall was done at all. I also fear that this issue may have occurred to others who had the recall performed there (langan Audi), and are not mechanically inclined enough to disassemble there engine and fuel systems. This problem could have caused a fiery death for me and my family in the car if I wasn't inclined enough to realize the problem is my car and not others around me.

- Troy, NY, USA

Mar 012018

A6

The contact owns a 2012 Audi A6. The contact was unable to turn the key in the ignition and start the vehicle. The "steering fault" message appeared and the eps warning indicator flashed. The failure seized the steering wheel; therefore, the vehicle was towed to Audi meadowlands (425 route 3 East, secaucus, NJ 07094, (201) 982-7056). The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 17V781000 (fuel system, gasoline). The manufacturer issued 53 tsbs for the steering, but no recall. The manufacturer was contacted to address the failure and the recall repair. The failure mileage was not available.

- North Bergen, NJ, USA

Jun 132016

A6

The contact owns a 2012 Audi A6. The contact stated that the vehicle was leaking fuel, which was identical to the failure listed in NHTSA campaign number: 15V19000 (fuel system, gasoline). The VIN was excluded from the recall. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed fuel leaking from the intake manifold. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 66,000.

- Fort River, NJ, USA

Aug 202014

A6 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2012 Audi A6. The contact stated that fuel fumes appeared under the hood and through the air conditioner vents. The dealer diagnosed the presence of a fuel leak. The vehicle was repaired and the manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 66,000. Updated 10/09/14 the dealer stated the vehicle would not covered under warranty because the failure was not a result of design or manufacturing issue. The technician advised a rodent must have chewed through the fuel lines. The consumer disagreed. Updated 5/18/2015

- Sunland, CA, USA

Aug 042014

A6

The contact owns a 2012 Audi A6. The contact smelled fuel inside the vehicle. After driving a short distance, she was notified that there was a puddle of gasoline fuel under the vehicle. The vehicle was towed to the dealer who stated that a rodent had eaten two inches of the fuel hose. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was not notified. The VIN was unavailable. The approximate failure mileage was 30,000.

- Bloomfield Hills, MI, USA