- March 22: Honda Odyssey and Pilot Infotainment System Lawsuit Filed news | 3 days ago
- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 3 days ago
- March 21: Nissan Rogue AEB Malfunctions Should Be Investigated investigations | 4 days ago
- March 19: Audi Recalls A3 and RS 3 Cars To Replace Head Restraints recalls | 6 days ago
- March 15: Volkswagen Charged by the SEC For Defrauding Investors news | 10 days ago
Audi Recall 47N8, 47N9, 47N6: Insufficient Coating On Brake Caliper Pistons
2018 Audi SQ5
A reduction of braking performance can increase the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Foundation Components — Disc — Caliper
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2018 Volkswagen Atlas, Passat, Beetle, Beetle Convertible, Golf, Golf SportWagen and GTI and Audi Q5 and SQ5 vehicles. The brake caliper pistons on these vehicles may have insufficient coating, potentially reducing the brake performance.
- Volkswagen and Audi will notify their owners. Audi dealers will bleed the rear brakes. Volkswagen dealers will bleed the front and rear brake calipers. Note: Owners are advised not to drive their vehicles until the brake system has been checked. The recall began June 29, 2018. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298 and Audi customer service at 1-800-253-2834. Volkswagen's numbers for this recall are 47N8, 47N9, and 47N6.
Click a tab for more information.