2012 Buick LaCrosse brakes NHTSA complaints: Electronic Stability Control

NHTSA — Electronic Stability Control Problems

2.7

2012 Buick LaCrosse brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Buick LaCrosse:

2012 Buick LaCrosse Owner Comments

Jul 152015

LaCrosse

Bought my 2012 Buick Lacrosse used last June. Fishtailing presented in the first month. Have brought the car back to dealership multiple times (including within 30 days of purchase) to have it diagnosed and fixed. They say nothing is wrong with it. Fishtailing occurs in all conditions and on city streets and highways. Most terrifying is at 60 mph on the highway-the sway can be very violent..and it happens a lot. Brought car in again in the fall (5th or 6th visit for this issue). I asked specifically if ESC sensor is malfunctioning because what is happening is not normal. They said computer doesn't show a problem. They told me that is the way that this car is supposed to handle. That is when I searched for a recall and found the one below-a very accurate description of what is going on with my car ("consequence") but my VIN is not in the recall. GM is trying to decide if they will fix it but they don't have to because my car is not part of the recall. Help! NHTSA campaign # 11V404000. "summary: GM is recalling certain model year 2012 Buick Lacrosse passenger vehicles manufactured from June 9, 2011, through July 2, 2011, for failing to conform to the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 126, "electronic stability control systems (ESC)." The stabilitrak system has an incorrect calibration that may cause the system to not properly detect if a sensor were to malfunction, and the warning light indicating that the system is not operating would not illuminate, as required in the safety standard. Consequence: The improper diagnosing may cause the ESC to falsely activate, resulting in sudden changes in vehicle handling and deceleration, particularly at higher speeds, which may cause the driver difficulty in maintaining the vehicle's desired path of travel and desired vehicle speed, and could result in a crash without warning" -------------

- Brighton, MA, USA

Jun 012016

LaCrosse

Since I've owned the car it's been very hard to drive on the hwy once I hit a certain speed it loses control very easy also the engine control module keeps failing loss of battery all the time I smell a burning plastic smell coming from the back of the car every so often and the front seat locks up all the time also seems to have a failure to it as well and the 2012 Buick Lacrosse I own says there no recall when I run the VIN but has the same symptoms as the 2012 Buick Lacrosse that is on recall

- Atwater, CA, USA

Jun 042014

LaCrosse

Vehicle instrument cluster reported traction control service needed, tire pressure monitor service needed and key not detected. I pulled over immediately to look at the tires and all were good. Drove car to dealer as I assumed it would not identify the key fob and restart. Dealer confirmed warning lights at time of drop off but could not find any stored fault codes. Returned car with no corrective action. This is the second time the TPMS has indicated a flat tire, usually drivers side rear. TPMS false indicators are a serious safety concern.

- Perkasie, PA, USA