- June 25: GM Takata Petition Says No Airbag Recall Is Necessary news | 21 days ago
- June 21: GM Hard Brake Pedals Investigated in Canada and U.S. investigations | 25 days ago
- June 20: GM 8-Speed Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 26 days ago
- June 19: Chevy Shake Class Action Lawsuit Is 'Overreach,' Argues GM news | 27 days ago
- April 29: Cadillac SRX Headlight Recall Needed, Says Lawsuit news | 78 days ago
Cadillac Recall 00052: GM/FMVSS 301/Entertainment Center Installation
1999 Cadillac Escalade
Fuel leakage in the presence of an ignition source could result in a fire.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Storage — Tank Assembly
- Vehicle description: Sport utility vehicles, equipped with a floor mounted rosen video entertainment center, fail to conform to the requirements of FMVSS no. 301, "fuel system integrity." Due to the method of installation of the video entertainment center by the installed, the vehicle may not meet the fuel spillage requirements of the standard in a vehicle crash.
- If the entertainment center is installed on the right-hand side (passenger side), no correction is required. If the entertainment center is installed on the left-hand side (driver side), the dealer will remove and reinstall the entertainment center with a revised attachment bracket. The dealer will also inspect, and if necessary, replace the fuel return line.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.