ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

2017 Cadillac XT5 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Cadillac XT5:

2017 Cadillac XT5 Owner Comments

Jun 162017

XT5 Platimum V6

Traveling in the #1 lane westbound on I-80 leaving West Sacramento, CA in cruise control at 75 mph when the Traction Control light came on and dropping the car out of cruise control. I had an idiot on my donkey trailing at approximately a car length and a half. When this happened, being aware of the vehicle behind me, The car suddenly dropped in speed causing the vehicle to reac. tI reacted hitting the accelerator full force and the vehicle behind me apparently hit the brakes ending up approximately 3' from my rear end. My wife said that if she would have been driving, she would not have reacted that fast and an accident would have happened. This is the first time that this has happened in the cruise control mode. It has happened many times in standard driving and has been reported and checked several times with the response, can't repeat and the computer shows nothing..

- billmcn@pacbell.ne, San Rafael, US