2018 Honda Accord Hybrid windows / windshield problems: windshield cracked

Windshield Cracked

2018 Honda Accord Hybrid

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.

6.5

$470

1. replace windshield (3 reports)
  2. dealer replaced windshield and labor cover under warranty (1 reports)
2018 Honda Accord Hybrid windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Honda Accord Hybrid:

2018 Honda Accord Hybrid Owner Comments

May 212019

Accord Hybrid Touring 2.0L

• CVT transmission

There's a national backorder of 4 - 8 weeks for OEM windshields for 2018 Accord Tourings. Mine cracked spontaneously last week and the car is less than 6 months old with less than 7,500 miles on it. Does the backorder mean there are a lot of windshields cracking? If so, is there a class action lawsuit to mitigate this defect?

- Keith R., Salem, OR, US

Feb 212019

Accord Hybrid

I bought this car on Sept 20, 2018. It was a cold day in Los Angeles. I came out in the morning and heated my car. The front windshield start to crack from the side and start to crack to the middle. I was shocked this happen. Car never hit by the rock. I took the car to the Auto glass place and they told me its cause from windshield heater. It will cost me more than $500 to replace it. I am thinking why do I have to pay for a defective product by Honda. I did not do anything to the car or hit by the rock that causes the windshield to crack ,then why I have to pay for Honda mistake? I will never buy Honda car again. It had too many problem since I brought it. What can I do ? Can the dealer replace it with out cost due to defective glass.

- Tone C., Pico Rivera, CA, US

Feb 022019

Accord Hybrid LX 2.0L

• CVT transmission

Sudden crack in the windshield, passenger side. It did not have any damage cause by a striking object. Took it to the dealer and called it a defective windshield. Manager and mechanic inspected the crack and found no damage caused by rocks. Have not receive a response to see if Honda is going to cover the problem under warranty.

- Gibrann V., San Diego, CA, US

Feb 142019

Accord Hybrid

• CVT transmission

A rock can hit at anytime but these new cars are expensive to fix. I never heard a rock hit and I don't see a chip or impact where 1 could of hit. Dealer says 1600-1700 dollars, so I found the guy that replaces the windshields for the dealer and I will pay a lot less to fix it.

- Kevin W., El Centro, CA, US