6.0

$810

1. replace windshield (4 reports)
  2. dealer replaced windshield and labor cover under warranty (1 reports)
2018 Honda Accord Hybrid windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Honda Accord Hybrid:

2018 Honda Accord Hybrid Owner Comments

Oct 042019

Accord Hybrid LX 1.5L

This is the second windshield in our 2018 Honda Accord Hybrid. One at two weeks of ownership and now at 11,000 miles. I feel the problem is A. the glass is too thin, and B. the Auto Braking feature resonates through the glass. So if there is the slightest chip in the glass the resonance finds the weak spot and will start the crack at that area. Both my windshields did not crack when hit be a chip but when the AUTO BRAKING engaged and I literally saw the crack appear. I feel that Honda has an issue on their hands but will never step up and correct it. By the way, as of this repair, there is a back order on Accord windshields. What this means is the demand is outpacing the production. Go figure!

Update from Oct 24, 2019: These windshields including parts, labor and realignment of auto braking system costs $1500.00 and 2 days of inconvenience.

- Robert G., Elkins Park, US

May 212019

Accord Hybrid Touring 2.0L

• CVT transmission

There's a national backorder of 4 - 8 weeks for OEM windshields for 2018 Accord Tourings. Mine cracked spontaneously last week and the car is less than 6 months old with less than 7,500 miles on it. Does the backorder mean there are a lot of windshields cracking? If so, is there a class action lawsuit to mitigate this defect?

- Keith R., Salem, OR, US

Feb 212019

Accord Hybrid

I bought this car on Sept 20, 2018. It was a cold day in Los Angeles. I came out in the morning and heated my car. The front windshield start to crack from the side and start to crack to the middle. I was shocked this happen. Car never hit by the rock. I took the car to the Auto glass place and they told me its cause from windshield heater. It will cost me more than $500 to replace it. I am thinking why do I have to pay for a defective product by Honda. I did not do anything to the car or hit by the rock that causes the windshield to crack ,then why I have to pay for Honda mistake? I will never buy Honda car again. It had too many problem since I brought it. What can I do ? Can the dealer replace it with out cost due to defective glass.

- Tone C., Pico Rivera, CA, US

Feb 022019

Accord Hybrid LX 2.0L

• CVT transmission

Sudden crack in the windshield, passenger side. It did not have any damage cause by a striking object. Took it to the dealer and called it a defective windshield. Manager and mechanic inspected the crack and found no damage caused by rocks. Have not receive a response to see if Honda is going to cover the problem under warranty.

- Gibrann V., San Diego, CA, US

Feb 142019

Accord Hybrid

• CVT transmission

A rock can hit at anytime but these new cars are expensive to fix. I never heard a rock hit and I don't see a chip or impact where 1 could of hit. Dealer says 1600-1700 dollars, so I found the guy that replaces the windshields for the dealer and I will pay a lot less to fix it.

- Kevin W., El Centro, CA, US