- April 18: Honda Sued By Insurance Company After Odyssey Fire news | 6 days ago
- April 15: Acura HandsFreeLink Class-Action Lawsuit Still Connected news | 9 days ago
- April 14: Recall: Honda and Acura Seats Could Detach From the Floors recalls | 10 days ago
- April 12: Honda CR-V Oil Levels Increasing Due To Unburned Fuel news | 12 days ago
- March 21: Honda Recalls 255,000 Odyssey Minivans For Seatback Problems recalls | 34 days ago
Honda Recall JT9: Plug Top Ignition Coil Damage
2015 Honda Fit
If the wires become damaged, the coil may overheat and cause the engine to stall, increasing the risk of a crash.
Electrical System — Ignition
- Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain model year 2015 Fit vehicles manufactured December 6, 2013, to August 28, 2014. The affected vehicles may experience damage to the wires inside the Plug Top Ignition Coils (PTC) due to improper protection against electrical noise.
- Honda will notify owners, and dealers will replace the Plug Top Ignition Coils with new design, free of charge. The recall began on October 9, 2015. Owners may contact Honda Automobile Customer Service at 1-888-234-2138. Honda's number for this recall is JT9.
- Documents (14)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Stop Sale/Safety Recall:2015 Fit Plug Top Coil Noise Suppressor
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Service Bulletin 15-060 September 3, 2015 02376 Version 1
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - September 16, 2015 02376 Version 2
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-2
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Press Release
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-4
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-1
Click a tab for more information.