- December 14: Honda Recalls Pilot and Ridgeline Due To Airbag Problems recalls | 1 days ago
- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 4 days ago
- December 4: Honda Recalls Civic Hatchback and Civic Type R Cars recalls | 11 days ago
- November 20: Honda Odyssey Power Sliding Door Problems Cause Recall recalls | 25 days ago
- November 16: Honda Recalls HR-V, Odyssey and Acura MDX For Brake Problems recalls | 29 days ago
Honda Recall JT9: Plug Top Ignition Coil Damage
2015 Honda Fit
If the wires become damaged, the coil may overheat and cause the engine to stall, increasing the risk of a crash.
Electrical System — Ignition
- Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain model year 2015 Fit vehicles manufactured December 6, 2013, to August 28, 2014. The affected vehicles may experience damage to the wires inside the Plug Top Ignition Coils (PTC) due to improper protection against electrical noise.
- Honda will notify owners, and dealers will replace the Plug Top Ignition Coils with new design, free of charge. The recall began on October 9, 2015. Owners may contact Honda Automobile Customer Service at 1-888-234-2138. Honda's number for this recall is JT9.
- Documents (14)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Stop Sale/Safety Recall:2015 Fit Plug Top Coil Noise Suppressor
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Service Bulletin 15-060 September 3, 2015 02376 Version 1
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - September 16, 2015 02376 Version 2
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-2
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Press Release
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-4
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-1
Click a tab for more information.