ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

2011 Infiniti QX56 body / paint problems: paint is peeling

Paint Is Peeling

8.5

2. repaint the car (2 reports)
2011 Infiniti QX56 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Infiniti QX56:

2011 Infiniti QX56 Owner Comments

Apr 032018

QX56 LX

I filed a claim with state farm for what I thought was hail damage. Turns out, there was no hail damage! The missing paint at the top of my windshield (the size of two silver dollars) was from a "manufacturer's defect" in the paint. Also, there are other spots that the body shop says will peel in the future. I'm so mad that I spent so much money on a premium brand, for the paint to fail. There should be a lawsuit, and I will join.

- A'Lisa H., Temple, TX, US

Oct 012017

QX56 8.0L

As of today the paint on the roof of my truck just above the front windshield is peeling really bad

- Demetria M., Missouri City, US

Sep 032017

QX56

I noticed that the front of my car had some spots above the windshield. Some were sizes of dimes, other spots were larger than quarters. It turned out that paint was missing for these spots! When I climbed up to peer at the top, there were larger pieces flaking off! I took it to be estimated for and estimate to repair. They auto body place said it looked like a manufacturer defect, that there must have been air bubbles during the paint process which was now affecting the area. He said I would have to strip the entire top panel off and essentially repaint the whole top. And because its a special metallic type pearl, it was even more expensive. The quote to repair is $2000. I'm checking my extended warranty to see if it is covered.

- Caroline M., Sammamish, US

Sep 012017

QX56

Very Annoyed that such an expensive car is having this problem. My paint is peeling on my 2011 White Infiniti QX56. I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE!!! There are numerous posts on infiniti forums, facebook, and other websites of other people having this same issue. It is an obvious manufacturing defect and Infiniti needs to rectify this immediately instead of giving people run around. I have had 3 Infiniti vehicles before this and have been a strong advocate of the brand. Unfortunately they have lost a long time customer and will tell everyone never to purchase their product!!!!

- jakeqx56, Sugar Land, US

Feb 012017

QX56

I bought my 2011 QX56 in May 2015 with about 35k miles, now 2 years later with about 55k miles the paint started peeling about 6 months ago. Not covered under the original warranty or the extended one I purchased.

Main problem is the rear hatch, both sides and it seems to be getting larger. Noticed the peeling also starting on the roof line just above the windshield. Like so many others, really upset that Infiniti is just ignoring the problem and its a shame because it really is a nice vehicle.

I'd like to get the areas repaired and repainted but I'm hesitating because I'm not sure if more or different areas will start to peel.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

- Daniel K., Delray Beach, FL, US

Dec 012015

QX56 V8

click to see larger images

paint is peeling paint is peeling paint is peeling paint is peeling

OMG!!! Now I see we really need to file a class action. I own my 2011 qx56 at 66,000 started to peeling like the rest of you. Wife's dream car turn to nightmare. Infintiy consumer affairs is a joke, did not do squat but made me waste my time going to Warren Henry for crap..to tell me they do not cover paint. Joke all these vehicles with these price tags..I am researching attorneys that will pick up this lawsuit ..will keep posting if anyone wants to join..😡😡😡 If anyone wants to join me in a picketing in front of Warren Henry or South Motors Infiniti you can msg me and we will set a date.

- Oliver C., miami lakes, FL, US

Mar 102015

click to see larger images

paint is peeling paint is peeling

I purchased the car new along with an extended warranty. At about 3 1/2 years old we noticed paint peeling. We were told from an auto painter that it was a defect in the manufacturers paint. So we call Infiniti corporate along with dealing with local dealerships and are told its out of warranty and they won't fix. We were at 61,000 miles and not even 4 years old yet. I've contacted Infiniti consumer affairs they are rude and decline any assistance putting the burden on local dealerships which won't fix the problem. Almost 2 years later paint is peeling all over roof of car and Infiniti still refuses to fix it or acknowledge the problem even though its posted on several websites and a news outlet went after Nissan for the same problem years ago. Would just like Infiniti to stand by its product and consumers who invested 70+ thousand dollars to purchase their supposed luxury vehicle. We've also had to have timing belt changed at 70,000 miles. left and right manifold replaced.

- Sharise S., Stuart, FL, USA

Mar 262016

paint is peeling on hood in 3 spots

BODYSHOP SAID THIS IS A MANUFACTURERS DEFECT. INFINITI SAID SINCE I AM OUT OF WARRANTY THEY WILL NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT THE PROBLEM. I CANT BELIEVE THAT BODY PAINT IS ONLY WARRANTIED FOR 4 YEARS!!!! I AM CONTACTING MY STATES COMPLAINT BOARD AND WILL NOT LET THIS GO! IF INFINITI WOULD HAVE EVEN OFFERED TO INVESTIGATE THE ISSUE I WOULD NOT BE SO PISSED, BUT THEY SAID NO WARRANTY...NO RECALL...NOT THEIR PROBLEM.

- ll911, Hillside, NJ, USA