2012 Infiniti QX56 body / paint problems: paint peeling off

Paint Peeling Off

8.0

2012 Infiniti QX56 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Infiniti QX56:

2012 Infiniti QX56 Owner Comments

Sep 042018

QX56 8-5.6L

click to see larger images

paint peeling off paint peeling off

Paint is peeling off of the roof as well as the back hatch of our 2012 QX56 - This expensive of a vehicle should not have such a defect. My agent at the Infiniti dealer advised us to contact consumer affairs and we are waiting on a response back from them. This is extremely disappointing as we have cars from different makes that are older, and less expensive than this car and do not have any paint issues. I thought i loved Infiniti's but this paint issue is a very big problem.

- Pareese R., Milpitas, CA, US

Aug 152016

QX56

Have notified the dealer and they seemed helpful at first, but it has been 3 months since first notifying them. I have heard from no one since and cannot get anyone to get in touch with me. I am completely being avoided! The paint is peeling so badly on my car that I am afraid to wash it; this problem is currently a class action lawsuit and fingers crossed justice is on my side.

- Elisa H., Daniel Island, US

Nov 012017

QX56

Just surprised that there's no mention of this class action lawsuit on your website...filed in federal court in Illinois in 2017.

- Michael J. U., Tuscaloosa, AL, US

Sep 012017

QX56 LX

click to see larger images

paint peeling off paint peeling off paint peeling off

I paid a lot of money for this car. The paint started peeling. Two auto body companies told me to take back to the dealer because the paint could not have been prepped properly. Paint shops say it will cost over $2,000 to fix. The dealer says its not their problem.

- Keri G., Tracys Landing, US

Apr 012016

QX56

Paint is peeling off of the roof of our 2012 QX56 - This expensive of a vehicle should not have such a defect. I have read online that Infiniti has had this issue in other make/model years and disavowed responsibility. I am still waiting for the to respond to me. If left alone it appears that the peeling will continue until there is no paint left on the roof of the vehicle. If I end up having to fix the defect I will immediately sell the vehicle after the paint has been repaired and never purchase another Infiniti product again.

- michaelttx, Terrell, TX, US